Must like rain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jas2Cats

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I finally finished Troub's and Doub's new house last week, just before the rain started. Since Troub's has been a bully lately, I have a divider in it, so they each have their own space (and will be dividing the enclosure too). Initially, Doub's didn't want anything to do with it, and, I had to make him go into it at night, and he would sleep right by the door waiting for me to let him out. Troub's had no problem, she went straight to the area under the heat/light and slept.

So, yesterday I come home after work, and it is raining (had been most of the day), and, I see Troub's in the middle of the enclosure out in the rain, not even in one of the hides.~! What a goof! I was happy to see though that Doub's was in his side of the house nice and dry :) Of course, I went in and put Troub's in her house, and closed them both in for the night.

I guess I'll never know what I'll see with these 2.

Greg T

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
League City, TX
I had a pair of large adopted leopards and they loved to go out in the rain. They would walk in circles every time it rained, but when it got too hard, they would go back inside. It was always funny to watch them out there. :)

chelonologist

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Redlands, California
Last night in the middle of the night it started POURING rain here in southern California. I shot out of bed at 4:00am to run outside to get my leopard tortoise from his outdoor enclosure. I was afraid that with the rain and cool temps we've been having, he might get a respiratory infection. So I grabbed my flashlight and ran outside to get him to bring him inside. I found him walking around his enclosure looking for a drink! Apparently they love the rain so much, they'll wake up in the middle of the night for it!

Jas2Cats

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I went backpacking this weekend, and knew it was supposed to rain here, so, left Troub's and Doub's locked in their house (with UV light and enough graze) for the weekend. I knew my hubby wouldn't go out hunting each night to make sure they went inside out of the rain LOL The minute I got home yesterday afternoon, I let them out and Troub's went to the muddiest spot in the enclosure, laid down and went to sleep in it. :D Doub's came out grazed a bit and went back to his house. Troub's was still in the same spot when I went out later to close them in. I guess I'm always gonna have to put someone back in the house at night this winter season.

Status
Not open for further replies.