My aldabra won't eat and poop :-(

pat

10 Year Member!
HI guys
I live in CA now and i have 8" aldabra which i have since he was born. After I moved to a new place my lil guy started to eat just a few amount and don't poop every day as alway. It been almost 2 week already. So he used to live outdoor on a dirt yard but now he lives on a full of grass yard. He still walks and run around the yard but when i feed him, he will eats just a lil bit and start to walk around again. I moved to a new place about 2 week but he pooped only once. I'm start to worry now. Any advice??

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Tortoises don't like change. Soak him daily to keep him hydrated and wait him out. Offer him things that shouldn't be in his diet plan just to get him eating again - things like iceburg lettuce, cucumber, watermelon, etc. Then once he has settled down and accepted his new home you can stop feeding him these items. Does he have plenty of shade in his new home? It's been very hot these past weeks.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Welcome to the forum, @pat .

Don't worry, or at least try not to. Torts take time to adapt to change.

Any pics of your tort and his enclosure would help give you advise. ;)

Please keep us updated.

Reactions: pat

pat

10 Year Member!
The first pic was a previous enclosure, 2nd and 3rd is the yard where he lives now. :)

IMG_2062.JPG IMG_2441.JPG IMG_2626.JPG
Welcome to the forum, @pat .

Don't worry, or at least try not to. Torts take time to adapt to change.

Any pics of your tort and his enclosure would help give you advise. ;)

Please keep us updated.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
From what I can tell, not a lot of coverage for him. He may be very shy/skiddish being so much in the open. Is there a hide for him to retreat too or a nice big shaded spot?
It might be just getting adjusted from a very small enclosure to a nice big one.
Follow what Yvonne said and give him a nice secure shady spot if there isn't one and some more time.

Reactions: pat

pat

10 Year Member!
From what I can tell, not a lot of coverage for him. He may be very shy/skiddish being so much in the open. Is there a hide for him to retreat too or a nice big shaded spot?
It might be just getting adjusted from a very small enclosure to a nice big one.
Follow what Yvonne said and give him a nice secure shady spot if there isn't one and some more time.

yes I still have a dog house(the one from previous house) for him but it s on other side of the yard which is a cement floor. :)

pat

10 Year Member!
Tortoises don't like change. Soak him daily to keep him hydrated and wait him out. Offer him things that shouldn't be in his diet plan just to get him eating again - things like iceburg lettuce, cucumber, watermelon, etc. Then once he has settled down and accepted his new home you can stop feeding him these items. Does he have plenty of shade in his new home? It's been very hot these past weeks.

Thanks for your advice :) He pooped in this morning but it was in a very small amount :-(