My awesome birthday cake!!

doletorts

10 Year Member!
So today was my birthday (well i guess technically yesterday cuz its 12:07 but oh well) and on top of George's new 8 sq. ft tank and some other small things to go along with it, plus some clothes, i got an amazing cake. My mom said it was supposed to be like a baby shower cake that says like "mommy and me" but when she asked at Hyvee about turtle/tortoise birthday cakes they said they could do the same layout but write happy birthday instead. And the upside of it being a baby shower design, is that the two turtles are like rubber ducks and you can keep them and play with them. I made my family eat around the turtles and the water because i liked it too much lol. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1406783687.458319.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1406783738.565610.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1406783769.357167.jpg
And i guess i'll add a pic of my presents too, they're all inside the tank.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1406784184.678469.jpg
George got more presents than me cuz we not only got the tank, but then we had to buy a bigger landscape back thingy, more substrate, and a feeding/basking rock tile i still haven't decided what it's purpose will be. All i got was a shirt and jeans lol, but my mom said were gonna go clothes shopping in Wisconsin Dells when we go on vacation next week so it's ok.
And if you were wondering what the random black circle in the middle of the front of the tank is, that's the cord/tube porthole, we set the tank backwards on our island when we brought it in and i didn't feel like turning it now ,cuz it's REALLY heavy, so i just took the sticker off the front and put it on this side lol

P.S. You can expect an update on George in the near future once i set up his new tank and get the other things we need for him like more moss, thermometers etc... It might be a little while though cuz like i said were goin on vacation for 5 days 2 weeks from now and i don't think i want to change his whole tank and life and then just leave him for 5 days with only my neighbors checking up on him and feeding him, it will just be a lot of unnecessary stress

AZTorts

Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Awww I love the cake! You and George got a lot of cool stuff!

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Happy belated birthday!! That is an awesome cake. Love it!

Flipper

MO, USA
What a fabulous cake! It was very thoughtful of your mom to get that for you :)

Happy Birthday!!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
A belated happy birthday to you, Dale!! Looks like your family supports your passion.

747117wei24kafiu.gif

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Happy Birthday! ! ! ! !

I like the cake! ! !