My babies came in from Chris!

lmichaels_22

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Olympia, WA
Got my babies the other day and looking good. (Testudo graeca nabeulensis)
They spend most of the day just resting but eating well and exploring. Smaller one even crawled up on a rock.

DSCN1713.JPG
DSCN1721e.JPG
The last photo is the bigger one, a whopping 2 grams heavier.
Yesterday they attacked a Dandelion flower and other then the stem attachment area ate all the pedals in a few minutes. They dig in for the evenings and don't use their hides....guess that is ok. Fun to watch then digging in.

Wish us luck!

SweetGreekTorts

Tucson, AZ
Gorgeous hatchlings! CONGRATS! I'm still on the waiting list for mine but this subspecies is worth it. Do keep us updated with how they are doing and growing!

Kitty

Agathaade

Los Angeles
What beauties!
I got mine two days ago from him and it doesn’t use its hide either. It digs and disappears completely, gave me such a fright the first day!

lmichaels_22

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Olympia, WA
I gave them some cacti today....they loved it! I enjoy watching them sample different leaves and either pass or munch.

SweetGreekTorts

Tucson, AZ
I prepaid for 3 nabeulensis hatchlings in December 2018. They are worth the wait so I'll continue to be patient. Chris will ship me some when it's my turn. I'm sure there are many people on the waiting list ? In the meantime I have buxtoni and anamurensis hatchlings that I brought home on Saturday from another T.g. breeder ?

Last edited:

PA2019

5 Year Member
Tucson, AZ
@lmichaels_22 how are the hatchlings settling in?

Would love to know temperature information for the enclosure such as basking and ambient temps and what kind of humidity levels are you maintaining, thanks!

PS any new pictures I am sure would be appreciated by everyone ?

Tortisedonk7

Indonesia
Got my babies the other day and looking good. (Testudo graeca nabeulensis)
They spend most of the day just resting but eating well and exploring. Smaller one even crawled up on a rock.

View attachment 304064
View attachment 304065
The last photo is the bigger one, a whopping 2 grams heavier.
Yesterday they attacked a Dandelion flower and other then the stem attachment area ate all the pedals in a few minutes. They dig in for the evenings and don't use their hides....guess that is ok. Fun to watch then digging in.

Wish us luck!

Good luck!
Can you show pics of your enclosure please..? It looks really nice.

lmichaels_22

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Olympia, WA
@lmichaels_22 how are the hatchlings settling in?

Would love to know temperature information for the enclosure such as basking and ambient temps and what kind of humidity levels are you maintaining, thanks!

PS any new pictures I am sure would be appreciated by everyone ?
Basking light area in low 90's, upper 80's close to basking light and drops off to mid 80's on 3/4 enclosure with 1/4 in mid 70's. No heaters for night. so night temps drop to 71-72 in early morning. I keep three temp/humidity bluetooth devices in three areas and can download temps/hum to computer to graph. Humidity is 86% at hight, 76% when the emerge from where they slept in the mornings and drops to 68% by evening. That was for yesterday and I did add water to substrate and plants that day too so me be a little higher. (Just looked back in data, day humidity 45%, and 86% at night.)

Video of Delight having breakfast: https://smile.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/oCudB8gpSUMV4DwSjeLaahJkIt8viTSWFQ4m1VDYhbB
Video "Digging in for Night" https://smile.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/uXJ93j8Oyi470EHgrj5yKwBD5z8pOfQrJ7Sg7M2q5cJ
Photo of eating area and basking area in back: https://smile.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/oyv5hn0TyktIDlhVX1wltIju64rZpMIWlCvJXMXjoS

Funny, they NEVER stay under the basking flood lamps but usually on the moisture substrate next to the area.

PA2019

5 Year Member
Tucson, AZ
Basking light area in low 90's, upper 80's close to basking light and drops off to mid 80's on 3/4 enclosure with 1/4 in mid 70's. No heaters for night. so night temps drop to 71-72 in early morning. I keep three temp/humidity bluetooth devices in three areas and can download temps/hum to computer to graph. Humidity is 86% at hight, 76% when the emerge from where they slept in the mornings and drops to 68% by evening. That was for yesterday and I did add water to substrate and plants that day too so me be a little higher. (Just looked back in data, day humidity 45%, and 86% at night.)

Video of Delight having breakfast: https://smile.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/oCudB8gpSUMV4DwSjeLaahJkIt8viTSWFQ4m1VDYhbB
Video "Digging in for Night" https://smile.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/uXJ93j8Oyi470EHgrj5yKwBD5z8pOfQrJ7Sg7M2q5cJ
Photo of eating area and basking area in back: https://smile.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/oyv5hn0TyktIDlhVX1wltIju64rZpMIWlCvJXMXjoS

Funny, they NEVER stay under the basking flood lamps but usually on the moisture substrate next to the area.

Thanks a ton for the invaluable information.

My basking temperature might be too high, around 100.

Middle portion of tank is 78-84 during the day and cool side is 70-76 throughout the day.

Are they active throughout the day or mostly morning and evenings?

lmichaels_22

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Olympia, WA
Thanks a ton for the invaluable information.

My basking temperature might be too high, around 100.

Middle portion of tank is 78-84 during the day and cool side is 70-76 throughout the day.

Are they active throughout the day or mostly morning and evenings?
I'm new to this too so not sure. I've read basking area 100-104 or so??? Mine has rock under the area to warm up bottom too as I've read. I just know what I've seen in the last month.... So temps sound right!
Mine are active mostly in the morning, then in late afternoon. Second feeding and then often digging in for the night anywhere between 5 and 7 PM. My basking lamps come on at 6:30 am, then the UV lamps at 7AM. By 8AM heads are usually coming out and by 8:30 over to a food dish eating. I have two, a smaller one in the back and a larger one up front. I also "hide" flowers or leaves in different spots in the habitat so they have to hunt for them. I don't feed calcium......but have cuttle bones and crushed oyster shells by the front food dish. Have not seen them at the cuttle bone but may eat some oyster shells when leaves get drug out of the food dish and on top of them. Hope this helps!