Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I have at least one of every kind of U.S. box turtle (not counting the Mexican), and recently purchased a couple babies from Pat and Danny. Here's a picture of all the new babies getting their morning soak. In this tub are some Easterns, some Luteolas, some Floridas and a Gulf coast. If all these babies live, I'll have at least one pair of every kind of box turtle!!

Yvonne

babybox.jpg

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Great picture Yvonne! They are beautiful!!!

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
They look great Yvonne. :D Excellent picture :)

Danny

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Awww...I love baby boxies. What do you keep them in? Do they all need different environments?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
terryo said:
Awww...I love baby boxies. What do you keep them in? Do they all need different environments?

For now I'm keeping them all together, but if I see any aggression I'll have to separate them. Each specie of the adults has its own habitat, so they are separate. I keep the babies in a large Rubbermaid tub on fine grade orchid bark.

Yvonne

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
Hiya Yvonne ~

:cool: Awww ~ those lil' guys are just too too cute! I used to love finding the Eastern Boxies all over when we lived in NC; they were so full of character and so beautiful! I'm sure these cuties will have an xllnt home with you ~

Thanx for sharing,
Purpod

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
Very nice, Are there any easterns in there. I always wanted every kind, I only had 3toeds, Ornates, Desert ornates, Eaterns. Never had Flordias or golf cost but really want(ed) some.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Millerlite said:
Very nice, Are there any easterns in there. I always wanted every kind, I only had 3toeds, Ornates, Desert ornates, Eaterns. Never had Flordias or golf cost but really want(ed) some.

Yes, the brown ones are Easterns. I have all my turtles in their own pens and I took the eggs from the Eastern pen, so even though they look like 3-toes at this stage, I'm positive they are Eastern.

Yvonne

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
Ahh.. YEah i use to have a baby eastern that looked like those ones, Turned out to have awesome colors, Should be interesting seeing them all grow up, I bet your excited. Box turtles just have personality like no other turtles, i love them.

REDFOOTMATT

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
CA
Great collection of boxies, what do you feed your boxie hatchlings?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
REDFOOTMATT said:
Great collection of boxies, what do you feed your boxie hatchlings?

I learned about soaking turtle pellets from Pat (Patman), so I feed soaked trout chow, soaked Reptimin, live black worms (used to be called tubifex until someone got sick from them so they changed the name to make you think its a different kind of worm), pin head crickets, meal worms and the occasional red worm. My sister cuts up night crawlers for hers, but I don't have the stomach for cutting a worm. I offer fruits and veggies, but as yet they don't eat that.

Yvonne

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
when i raised mine, they only ate live foods too. You should try snails and slugs, they loved them.

Status
Not open for further replies.