My baby Aldabra !

lazybfarm

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
North Alabama
Hi everybody, I want to introduce you to my new baby Aldabra , no name as of yet. Here he/she is 5 minutes out of the box. Thanks to Sam at Florida Iguana and Tortoise.
I literally just got him 10 minutes ago. He is beautiful and healthy! Chowing down !
He is about 5 1/4”

Attachments

• F307881F-5208-422F-BD8E-E465D3704BCE.jpeg
    F307881F-5208-422F-BD8E-E465D3704BCE.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 191

Hutsie B

5 Year Member
NC
congratulations! I had two Aldabras that got so big that the local Natural Science Center wanted for display and they made a big display just for them. They are now there and enjoyed by many visitors and weigh 300 pounds and doing great. I get to go feed them and visit them when ever I want. They are great and they are so friendly. Enjoy yours. We were going to make a barn for ours but thought the Natural Science Center was a good deal for them.

lazybfarm

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Alabama
Thanks! I was so worried about the shipping, but he seems completely fine. He has drank several times, eat, eat, roam, eat, eat , roam, I am so happy now to see him looking so good ?

lazybfarm

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Alabama
Thinking about a couple of names, my wife Anne is great with coming up with great names.
Maybe. Winston. we could start calling him/ her Winnie if she is a girl
To be continued”......

Trojan_48

SoCal
That’s awesome! Congrats and enjoy! They are so personable and great lifelong family members

lazybfarm

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Alabama
I’ve got a 4x 4 sealed enclosure, I’m hoping to get through the winter with, plus a 4x8 , expandable as time goes on, outdoor enclosure for now. I’m building a new house on 5 acres and I will have about 1 acre for my torts. ?

lazybfarm

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Alabama
Outdoor enclosure made from retaining wall blocks, easily moved or expanded

Attachments

• E9A48558-FBF4-448E-85E5-8890BDC436A0.jpeg
    E9A48558-FBF4-448E-85E5-8890BDC436A0.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 55

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I’ve got a 4x 4 sealed enclosure, I’m hoping to get through the winter with, plus a 4x8 , expandable as time goes on, outdoor enclosure for now. I’m building a new house on 5 acres and I will have about 1 acre for my torts. ?
Be sure to take a look at Aldabramans Aldabra fencing. He has 11 or 12 giant adults and proper fencing to hold them in. If you are only going to have the one you may not need it quite as reinforced.

lazybfarm

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Alabama
oh yeah ,like you can have just one ? I have seen just about every pic and post from Aldabraman , many times over ? I raised draft horses and mules for 30 years , I know what a big animal can do to fence . I want to build a really secure, permenant , area for my Sulcata and Aldabras . Probably 1/2 acre for 1 Sulcata and 1 acre for my soon to be 2 Aldabras