My Baby EBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bbzturtle

5 Year Member
I am so excited today. My daughter got her first turtle in her life.

We saw a EBT last week in the wood near our house. We suddenly fall in love with the little animal.

I did a lot of researches, finally we fond this baby turtle. I also did a lot of homework ahead.

He arrived this morning 8:25. After I send my daughter to the school. I bought a box of red wiggles and a box of mini meat worms from petco.

Then just like most experience turtle daddy/mommy says, I soaked baby turtle in the warm water first, then put all the food around it, one red wiggle, one meat worm, half cherry tomato.

Baby turtle is very shy, I cover the box. 30 min later, i removed the cover. Baby turtle ate half red wiggle, bit the meat worm in half and some tomato. Is that so great!!!

Here is our little baby.

Attachments

• turtle01.jpg
    turtle01.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 37
  • turtle02.jpg
    turtle02.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 40

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Do you realize that what you've done is against the law? Native turtles are protected and should not be taken from the wild. If you want to practice capture/release, then you need to release the baby back in the same area where you found it.

I'm sorry to be such a spoiled sport, but in my opinion, taking a turtle or tortoise from the wild is never a good idea.

I just re-read your post, and I realize I may have made a mistake. You saw a wild turtle, fell in love, then actually got a baby from a different source, huh? You bought the baby? Of course, that would be much better than taking it from the wild. Sorry about that.

Bbzturtle

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Do you realize that what you've done is against the law? Native turtles are protected and should not be taken from the wild. If you want to practice capture/release, then you need to release the baby back in the same area where you found it.

I'm sorry to be such a spoiled sport, but in my opinion, taking a turtle or tortoise from the wild is never a good idea.

I just re-read your post, and I realize I may have made a mistake. You saw a wild turtle, fell in love, then actually got a baby from a different source, huh? You bought the baby? Of course, that would be much better than taking it from the wild. Sorry about that.

You are right, people can't never take wild turtle home. So that why we saw the EBT in our neighbor, my daughter really want one. I told her we can never take them home. I searched online and get a CB EBT for her.

mchong9606

10 Year Member!
I believe what was meant by the post was that they subsequently went out and purchased a hatchling, after seeing one in the wild, although I thought the worst as well.

Good luck with the new baby, it's a very rewarding experience. The people on this forum are the best, they've been a great help to me.

Bbzturtle

5 Year Member
mchong9606 said:
I believe what was meant by the post was that they subsequently went out and purchased a hatchling, after seeing one in the wild, although I thought the worst as well.

Good luck with the new baby, it's a very rewarding experience. The people on this forum are the best, they've been a great help to me.

This is not my first turtle in my life. I had red eared slider. My parents sill keep them, they are almost 10 years old.

But I still read all the articles and posts about EBT.

My kid always want have a pet. I don't have any experience, except turtle and cat. I still remember the day my mom told me my cat die. I was so sad. Until now I am still not brave enough to have another cat.

Fortunately my turtle are still alive. I am very happy my daughter want a turtle. Because I can help her to take care of it.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
Congratulations on your new "baby!" Sounds like you're doing a great job!!!:)

Bbzturtle

5 Year Member
Moozilion said:
Congratulations on your new "baby!" Sounds like you're doing a great job!!!:)

Thanks! I had red reared turtle before, still did a lot of homework for this little one.

I spend whole labor day long weekend here, read almost every post related to baby turtle. That's really helps!
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.