My baby Hermans won't eat

Status
Not open for further replies.

williesmom

5 Year Member
I have a 3 month old hermans tort and he is very inactive and doesn't really eat. Every now and then he may take a bite of something but yesterday and today he wants nothing to do with food and just goes back to sleep. I soaked him in a warm bath, and he fell asleep, moved him to his food dish which has different lettuces and a tort diet pellet soaked and I even smeared some mixed vegetable baby food on - he is not interested at all and fell back asleep. I moved him under the basking light which he moved away from within five minutes and fell asleep again. I am afraid he isn't going to survive. He is only 1 5/8" long and has never been very active but the last couple days he has slowed down even more. Any suggestions?

tyrs4u

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Portland, OR.
Mine was very lethargic at first, & I read this about most Hermanns especially if only a month old. But you have to wait it out. Do your daily soaks as that helps stimulate them to eat. Provide chopped Arugula leaves; it got mine to eat, then she started eating Mazuri the next day. So for a few days that was her diet; but now she eats like everyone else. Still less, but she just doesnt want to be fat, I think I have a future super model :)

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
What are your enclosure temps? What was her food diet when she came to you? Is she the only one in her enclosure? What type of lighting are you running? :D and may we see a pic of her and her face?

Status
Not open for further replies.