my baby is poorly please help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomandlea

5 Year Member
We have a beautiful horsefield called Lillie. She had a bacteria infection so the vet gave us antibiotics. Since she started her meds she hasnt eaten as she did. But tonight she has started opening her mouth really wide and at time sticking her tongue out almost like she has something stuck but her mouth is clear?
She hasnt finshed her course of meds yet and i also read that they need there lamps on day and night to help it work better? Is that true, will she be ok?
Please any help and advise?
Thanks Leanne

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Lynnwood, WA
Yes, it's very important that she gets UV and heat when she's recovering. You want the temps to be high, at least 90 degrees on the hot side and 80 degrees for the ambient temperature. I hope she gets better!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Along with the higher temps and UVb lighting, it's important that you soak your tort in warm water daily, even 2 times a day. Don't let the water get cold, and soak for 20-30 minutes. Do you use a ceramic heat emitter (che)? If not, that's what you need to keep your tort warm at night when you turn off the lights. The CHE will give off heat without having a light on. It should be total darkness for them to sleep good.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Warmth and hydration. Those meds will dry them out. Make sure you have water available and make sure you soak.

tomandlea

5 Year Member
Thank you all for your advise. I have be bathing her but now we are keeping the heat on day and night. She is now wanting lots of attention which we are more than happy to give her.

Fingers crossed she gets better soon
I will let you know
Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.