My baby star tortoises both eyes are closed , need help

Shah Md Hameem

My baby star tortoises both eyes are closed , he is not opening for last 5 days and also he is not eating . Please experts help me to cure him . .thank you

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Welcome.
Five days is a long time. He could be pretty sick.
I know little about star tortoises.
What size? how old and how are you keeping him? Enclosure, lighting, foods, etc.
Also, any photos that you can provide might also be useful.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
This baby is pretty sick and you need to act quickly. Make sure the enclosure is warm enough. I keep my babies' enclosures at around 80-85F degrees all the time, day and night. I cover the enclosure to keep the cooler air from my house out of the enclosure.

Place your baby in a small bowl of warm water and leave it soaking there for about 15 or 20 minutes. Do this every day. Soaking will help get the eyes open. Once the eyes are open you can place him in front of the food. But baby tortoises won't eat unless they're warm enough. . . and "warm enough" means 80-85F degrees. Even if you live in a country that has a warm climate, you still need to provide this baby with a light over his enclosure. And he needs UVB light. This type of light simulates the sun and helps him grow strong bones and shell.

tink737

10 Year Member!
Illinois
I agree with Yvonne, soak him in warm water couple of times a day and provide a warm set up with a humid hide box. Keep us posted on the status of the youngster,