My backyard and tomorrows lunch

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtc

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Norway
I knew nothing about weeds or flowers before I got my tort. Now I look for weeds every time I go for a walk. :) I was just putting together tomorrows lunch from weeds\flowers I collected from my backyard and a field nearby. I pack the weeds\flowers in aluminum foil and put them in the fridge so they stay fresh until the next day. Both my greek's lunch and the yard looked so nice in the evening sun I wanted to post a pic here.

Attachments

• DSC_0525.JPG
    DSC_0525.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 139
  • DSC_0522.JPG
    DSC_0522.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 129

ScottishFish

5 Year Member
Scotland
Nom nom nom! Do your torts have free reign of your backyard? Also where are you located in the world?

gtc

5 Year Member
Norway
ScottishFish said:
Nom nom nom! Do your torts have free reign of your backyard? Also where are you located in the world?

My tort has an outdoor enclosure, sadly my tort can enjoy my backyard only maybe 5-7 weeks a year due to the cool summers we get here. I live in Oslo, Norway. About 1 hour by plane north-east from your location. :)

How are the summers in Scotland? How many weeks\months a year can your torts be outside?

wellington said:
Beautiful view.

ScottishFish

5 Year Member
Scotland
Well I have only had my tort since the start of the year. He does get out rather frequently but I have yet to leave him out overnight.

Do you leave your tort out overnight?

gtc

5 Year Member
Norway
ScottishFish said:
Well I have only had my tort since the start of the year. He does get out rather frequently but I have yet to leave him out overnight.

Do you leave your tort out overnight?

Not yet, since my tort is only about 10 months old and it gets done to 10-12C at night. As my tort get older and more used to being outside I think I will let him out in colder temps. Now I wait until it is sunny and at least 19-20C in the shade.

Maybe I am being over protective. At what temps do you take your tort out? How old is your tort?

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
I love being able to combine my hobby, gardening, with my other hobby, tortoises :) There's nothing like being able to go outside and pick fresh food for your tort/let them roam around and eat!

Status
Not open for further replies.