My Bale of Turtles, and other Critters

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mid Willamette Valley, Or
Okay... here it is after many weeks i delivered today! {just as i told you i would JOJO :) even if it is 10pm pst :)}
This is Miss Stinky, a rescue found wondering a public park in Eugene Or, she was suffering from shell rot (stinky) and had previous shell damage resembling some sort of trauma.
DSCF1110.jpg

This is Starla, this photo gives her little credit for her beautiful pattern, she was named after the splotches of white on her face that resembles the night sky, i received her from a breeder in Duvall Wa, Oxbow Reptiles when i bought his trio.
DSCF1100.jpg

This is Penny, another rescue from a gal up in Seattle Wa as you can tell she has an overgrown beak BUT she has just recovered from conjunctivitis, dehydration, pealing skin, severely overgrown nails and the beak... this is her looking GREAT
DSCF1096.jpg

This is Moostasha, whom also came from the breeder in Duvall Wa she was named after her mustache :), she had a bit of shell rot and a damaged scute but is my number two egg layer!
DSCF1077.jpg

This is Walter, also coming from Oxbow Reptiles of Duvall Wa he is an absolutely stunning Three toed male! If only he were a little nicer to the females :(,
DSCF1090.jpg

This is the new father Wally, whom came from a family in Lincoln City Or, he was a pet for a family for 10 yrs or so then came to this family named wally after the children’s movie wall-ie for another 6 or so years and now is home. He has a few scutes that seem to be peeling but they are responding well to a moist environment. he is a Large Male TT
DSCF1082.jpg

This is Penelope the new momma, my wife’s and I's first turtle (seeing as i had to rehome my past turtles when still living at home) she was the childhood pet of a lady in the Puget Sound region in Wa for over 20 years, she came to me with an overgrown beak terribly overgrown nails and a bobtail that had not only been caked in both fecal matter old skin and after removal was completely raw
DSCF1079.jpg

and finally our new little turtle Lady Lazy Lard, or Sir Lazy Lard, "she" originally piped on fri the 13th (my birthday) but after examination it appeared that she had passed away, finally on the 15th i went in to verify the remains, while expecting to see a deceased little turtle, a perfect one began waving at me :)
note the egg tooth
DSCF1061.jpg

DSCF1064.jpg

DSCF1067.jpg

this is our Kitty Kat Marshmallow and our Beta Francine
(our cat enjoys drinking from the fish bowl)
DSCF1017.jpg

DSCF0852.jpg

And Last but not Least our Chihuahuas
Taco Bell (tan)
Bella (Black)
DSCF0340.jpg

Scott

Tccarolina

10 Year Member!
CA
I like the gleam in Miss Stinkey's eye! Nice pics, does the cat ever try to catch the Betta?

Steve

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Beautiful animals! As I said in the other forum, I really like Bella. :)

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
supremelysteve said:
I like the gleam in Miss Stinkey's eye! Nice pics, does the cat ever try to catch the Betta?

Steve

Miss Stinky has the perfect old lady grin IMO she sees either my wife or i and comes running :)

our Cat loves that fish and the fish loves that cat they have been together for over two years at first i thought the cat was abviosly trying to get at the fish but then noticed that not only did the cat only jump up to drink but, that the fish would go to the top of the bowl and get a back scratch! its aa funny thing to see :), in fact it i cannot even remember the last time i saw our cat drink from the waterbowl on the ground???

lisa127 said:
Beautiful animals! As I said in the other forum, I really like Bella. :)

Hey there! i didnt know that was you :) i <3 my Bella

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
Oh Scott, it's so nice to FINALLY see your turtle Family!....I like how your turtles all have a different shell pattern, all mine are drab olive/brown. Mine all resemble Moostasha, aka no pattern. I really like Walters! It's phenomenal...the new baby is looking good too....I will have to put Charlie in with mine to get them to mate, but honestly I am a bit cautious about it, idk if i can incubate yet with my apartment being so small..... BTW I love the Walter, Penelope, Wally and Penny, play on names......you just need a Walt and Penn (maybe soon)....:p :D

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
i know it took me some time to get them up :) but , i love how varied the sub sp. is i do believe i have one of darn near every type of three toed :).

Walter is phenomenal i just wish he had a better attitude toward the females
Hurry up and put Charlie in with the girls! ill update my thread on building a ghettobator :) so you can hatch some out as well (under 20$)

well im rushed for time so ill check back later :)

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
Charlie is only 308 grams (was 300 g when i got him last month)....idk what size he should be to be able to mate, you have any idea??

Tccarolina

10 Year Member!
CA
Scott, I really like your diversity in three-toeds. Each one is distinct!

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
CT Grim said:
Love the pics! ....quite the horde!! :D

Thanks!, my wife is finally getting attached to them as well. :) I think as soon as I build a nice turtle garden she wont mind the space they take up, here and there around the yard and the turtle table :), Is this a good or bad time to mention im in the process of aquiring a trio of BEAutiful gulf coast box turtles! hahahaha It's getting turtly over here!

supremelysteve said:
Scott, I really like your diversity in three-toeds. Each one is distinct!

From what i can tell and from what ive seen there really isnt much more diversity in the TT sub sp. Unlike your easterns which are so colorful and well just inspiring! Thanks it means aot coming from you!

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
They do look a lot like my chihuahuas!! So cute! My flas is actually a tri color. All the tan on his nose turned white after he turned 9 but he still has tan feet :) taco and Cleo make the same face!!

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Can't believe I miss this thread. I love that pic with the back legs all stretched out!!!

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
Melly-n-shorty said:
They do look a lot like my chihuahuas!! So cute! My flas is actually a tri color. All the tan on his nose turned white after he turned 9 but he still has tan feet :) taco and Cleo make the same face!!

I love my wowow's dearly its really quite funny how similer they look! My tan taco bell is 7, and My black bella is only 3 :)

dmarcus said:
Can't believe I miss this thread. I love that pic with the back legs all stretched out!!!

The hatchling was uber cute right from the egg :)Thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.