My cactus got its first growth!!!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I'm so excited!! I kill every plant I touch except for my mother in laws tongue and now I grew a cactus!!! Well, helped lol. I went to check on it today and there was a teenie growth! Yay!!
View attachment 304968
Tomorrow itll be 7 feet tall and 500 pounds.
Once they get started.....

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I've got to take another photo of the behemoth in my back yard.
It was a single cactus pad. Now it's so huge that just trimming it can fill 3 garbage cans, it's broken several pots and is currently so heavy that I don't think I could move it with dynamite.
What sucks is that it was supposed to be spineless.
Oh, boy!
It isnt.

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
I've got to take another photo of the behemoth in my back yard.
It was a single cactus pad. Now it's so huge that just trimming it can fill 3 garbage cans, it's broken several pots and is currently so heavy that I don't think I could move it with dynamite.
What sucks is that it was supposed to be spineless.
Oh, boy!
It isnt.
Oh no!!! big boy with an attitude lol

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
Yay!
20200906_104018.jpg

And were these what you were talking about @Tom ? I cant remember how you said to get rid of them... ?
20200906_103901.jpg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Yay!

And were these what you were talking about @Tom ? I cant remember how you said to get rid of them... ?
That is not the cochineal bug I was talking about. That is a different type of cactus parasitizing bug. Smash those on sight. Drop everything and kill those ASAP. You can just smash them with your finger.

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
That is not the cochineal bug I was talking about. That is a different type of cactus parasitizing bug. Smash those on sight. Drop everything and kill those ASAP. You can just smash them with your finger.
Ok can do!! Any tips on how to handle it once the cactus is bigger? I know its got a ways, but i want to be prepared

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Or do you know if neem oil would work as a spray?
I have not found a satisfactory spray of any kind that I want to use on the food I grow for my tortoises. If you do some experimentation and find something safe and effective, please let me know.

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
I have not found a satisfactory spray of any kind that I want to use on the food I grow for my tortoises. If you do some experimentation and find something safe and effective, please let me know.
Will do. Will thos bugs harm our other plants or are they only interested in the cactus?