My cat "little bear" died tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
I don't know where else to turn. it is late 1:30 in the night pacific time, I am crying like a baby, and I had to post somewhere, do something. I don't mean to be a burden or or anything but I had to get my feelings out somehow. She was the runt of the litter ( vet said she may not live as long as the others ) 12 years old, her momma almost did not birth her we had to basically force her to clean her up and let her live. She had been sick the past few days and my vet was out of town, she had lost a lot of weight I was expecting something like this but she died alone in the bathroom, all by herself. I kept her there under the advice of the vet who said the one other cats might be stressing her out. all alone. all alone I got to go now.

Zouave

5 Year Member
Toronto
My Deepest Sympathies.
71646dca.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oh, David...I'm so sorry. I had a cat named Bear too. I'll bet your bear was a real cutey pie. So sorry for your loss.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Not a burden at all, that's what we are here for. I am so sorry I wish there was something I could say to make it easier. Hang in there friend.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Sorry for your loss David!

M

Maggie Cummings

I'm late on this David, I am so sorry YOU were alone when Bear died...I'm so sorry for your loss...I know just how you feel having lost my Big Bubba

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Ahhh David *hugs*. You know I tend to be one who thinks no animal should die alone, BUT David, perhaps it made it easier for her to let go and with her quiet passing give you the one last gift she could. Even without you there, she had a long life knowing how much you cared and how wonderful humans can be. She had a good and long life. I know in our own minds and hearts, it's never enough time.

I am glad you think enough of us and feel comfortable enough with us to come to us when you are hurting. I hope you, and all others, always feel you can share these horrible moments along with the happy times with us.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Oh David, I wish I was there to hold you and give you a big tight hug right now. I'm so, so sorry for this loss. Everyone on the forum is always here for each other at any time ....day or night. One of the greatest things about this forum. What a wonderful life she must have had with a person like you there.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I am so sorry to hear about your cat David. I think moving her into the bathroom away from the other cats was probably a smart idea. Animals usually will move away from other when they're sick anyway. I hear your pain thinking that she was died alone. God was there with her and now she's with him in no pain at all. God Bless you and her.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
i am sorry about little bear. my best friend was a cat named tyson.it hurts i know. so sorry. lindy

APBT_Fanatic

5 Year Member
Southern California
I am so sorry to hear about your kitty. I know there is nothing that can be said to heal your heart, but just know that she knew that you loved her and that she passed away loved.

A few years ago, my Pittie boy passed away. He suffered from anemia for the longest time, and was not getting better. He was still hanging in there and a happy- go-lucky boy, but one night I just had a strange gut feeling it would be his last. I brought him back inside and while he laid down on the living room floor to go to sleep, I knelt down next to him hugging him, crying, and eventhough he seemed to be OK my gut feeling was so strong that I told him good-bye and that I loved him so much. In the morning we decided to take him to the vet to have him put to sleep, as it was clear his time was coming. I was in just the other room, a family member went to go get me so we could leave for the vet and told my Pittie "I will go get mommy so we can go". When we got back into the room, he was just starting to pass away. I, much like yourself, wanted somebody to be there with him when he passed; however, it was like he was waiting until he was alone to pass on. Maybe that was just my take on it, but regardless, and like your kitty, he passed away knowing we loved him and that we were just right there, eventhough he could not see us. I will stop this story now, as I have made myself cry.

I know how very important the support and feedback from others is at a time like this, but I also know how regardless of what other may say in support, it still hurts to an unbearable extent. I also know how hard it is NOT to blame yourself, as when you have seemed to hit rock bottom, there are always little ways you can pick things apart and turn the blame back on yourself, when you don't realistically deserve that burden. Your baby girl may have passed away in a separate room, but it was quiet for her, and she knew she had a lifetime of happiness in your home. She passed away in a farmiliar environment, and knowing she was so deeply loved.

One of our dogs passed away over 2 months ago, and I still 100% blame myself for it. I do not think that feeling will ever change. It is very hard, and I have found it is normal to never completely heal. Again, I am very sorry for your loss.

River14

5 Year Member
Another little bright star in the sky watching over us all.

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
I'm so sorry David. words cannot express how keenly I feel your loss too. hugs. I agree with all the gentle words said prior. It is not a burden at all for you to speak your sorrow here ~ we are friends and family.

teri

Status
Not open for further replies.