My cockatiel jasper died this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
So my bird jasper died this morning, he was 27 years old I raised him from a egg, I had his parents. He could whistle and he said a few words, he was a great bird. Hard to imagine he won't be there anymore to whistle at me, or sing (whistle) the andy griffith song. I don't want to bring anyone down, just thought I would share this sad news.

Julius25

5 Year Member
France
wholeheartedly with you it's never easy to lose an animal. :(

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Man, I am sorry. I had an cockatiel like that years ago as well. He lived a good life though!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I wondered why you weren't on this a.m.

Had he been ailing? So sorry.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
None I am aware of, he was fine when I covered him up last night.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Very sorry for your loss :( Kind of coincidental that Andy Griffith passed away a month ago.

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
So sorry for you. When I was a kid we had a parakeet that could wolf whistle and say lots of words. He was really a fun bird and we so missed him when he was gone. He could be let out of his cage to fly all over the house and would always come back when we put our finger out for him. It still amazes me because I don't ever see parakeets like that. Good memories for us to keep.

feline8

5 Year Member
MD
:( I am so sorry. I had cockatiels a few years ago (13 of them to be exact) and had to rehome them. I hope the little guy r.i.p.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
I used to breed the little guys, and I didn't think anything could be worse than losing a baby. That was until I lost my 10 year old adult. He had some mental issues and only stood in one place, rarely ate, and his feet got really warped. He actually hated me, but I bauled like a baby when we had to have him put down.

Sorry to hear about Jasper, the very fact that he lived to be so old goes to show how much care and dedication you put into him.

Mel

5 Year Member
Sorry about the loss of your bird. Sounds like you had an awesome companion bird. God will bless you for taking great care of his creation.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Sorry to hear about Jasper, We have a Quaker that we got at 3 days old in Sept of 87, his name is Roscoe, not looking forward to the day he is gone, He talks at me (not to me) all day long,and he doesn't like changes, everything needs to stay the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.