My enclosure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinque

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
I haven't put the substrate and the other things in yet, but I will get them today!! I have been working on this terrarium of such a long time--I hope you guys like it!! P.S. I like leopard print, as you can see!! And yes... That IS glow-in-the-dark tape on the top!!! 😊😊

Attachments

• image-2145661579.png
    image-2145661579.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 103
  • image-1734660147.png
    image-1734660147.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 69
  • image-2461398744.png
    image-2461398744.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 51
  • image-1165122974.png
    image-1165122974.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 58
  • image-3528784191.png
    image-3528784191.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 63

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Is this enclosure for a Russian hatchling? If not, I hate to be the one to tell you this, but if its for an adult, it's way too small, at least it looks too small in the pic. I like the fancy duct tape? work. I also like the turtle/tortoise figurines and the bull terrier figurine:D

Chinque

5 Year Member
Florida
It's pretty big, the pictures just make it look really small for some weird reason... Thanks for the compliment, the bull terrier is actually a piggy bank (it doesn't look like one though, right?) and my best friend got me the wooden coconut turtle figurine! I love it--it's from Hawaii!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Chinque said:
It's pretty big, the pictures just make it look really small for some weird reason... Thanks for the compliment, the bull terrier is actually a piggy bank (it doesn't look like one though, right?) and my best friend got me the wooden coconut turtle figurine! I love it--it's from Hawaii!

LOL When we picked up our bull terrier, she was a pup. I knew the lady we got her from. So we met half way in a parking lot by a restaurant. A couple going to their car thought our pup was a baby pig LOL. So, your bully terrier piggie bank fits perfectly. Pictures seen to show things either too small or really big.

Chinque

5 Year Member
Florida
LOL!! That is such a cute story! When I got the piggy bank, I was about five or six and I wanted a puppy so badly (this was before we had any dogs), so I got it and pretended it was my puppy (until I needed to pop off it's head to get my money...).

Rover15

5 Year Member
ontario canada
What are the dimentions? Looks very tall and long but now wide :s other then that yes the ducted tape looks good

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
Thats going to be one stylin' tortoise! Love the leopard prints and the herd of torts looking in from the side. :)

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
So, are you getting an adult or hatchling? Any idea what size your tank is? Have you gotten your heat/lighting yet? Dont forget, dont get the coil type bulb...

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
I see that you're in the San Francisco Bay Area. Russians love being outside and San Fransisco has a nice climate. If you have a backyard, I'm sure he'd love a nice outdoor enclosure. Even going outside just once a day to graze on the lawn would be nice for your new little tort. They always seem happier when they're outside.

Chinque

5 Year Member
Florida
This time I ACTUALLY finished the terrarium! I had to move around the stuff for a basking area, but I'm going to give my tort plenty of baths still! 😊

Chinque

5 Year Member
Florida
I mean that I will soak my tort in lukewarm water on a weekly basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.