My evening :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arkansas
I went this evening and picked up a couple of rescue snakes. 3ft Burm who proceeded to bite at me and **** and **** all over me. Oh joy the aroma on the ride home! (boyfriend went to jail and she doesnt know how long he will be gone and she wasnt about to touch the snakes) It was a little funny. She said she had one two hoodies, gloves and oven mills to pick up the Ball yesterday. The Ball is all of 18 inches long. ;)

The second snake is a young Ball Python who had escaped 3 months ago and crawled out from underneath the stove yesterday. She has lovely burns down her entire back, her tail is nubbed off below the cloaca and there are a few spots on her that look like she was wrapped around a pipe and burned that are healing over. Her back muscles are exposed. All of the scales are gone. I plan to re-evaluate her tomorrow and go from there. Here are a few pics of her.

87979df7.jpg

dde9e1bc.jpg

e8836b20.jpg

be3f91d2.jpg

dc95de7a.jpg

a60a83e5.jpg

I shall dub thee Stubbs
4042a2b4.jpg

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:(:( Poor Baby. Looks like she is a fighter. From the pictures, looks like if she's been loose for three months she was eating well. She steals your heart with what she has gone thru. There are only a few snakes that I would open my home for, but she is certainly one. I really hope you can save her.

wayne.bob

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
iowa
ouch that looks painful. i hope she heals soon.

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
Oh my...I hope tomoorow is a better day (for all 3 of you). You musy either be or have a fantastic vet!
How did you get onto rescue in the first place?
Best wishes.

barbie69

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ohio
OMG!!!! What a horrible sight!!:( Poor little thing, I hope she can pull through. I agree that she must be a fighter to have made it this long already. Good luck and keep us posted.[/i]

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
:(( that is soooo sad! good luck with her!!!!!!!!!!

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Oh boy that looks horrible. I have never seen anything like it. Good luck!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
As I read your first paragraph I giggled to myself, gloves and oven mitts indeed - I like snakes.
Then as I continued reading I found I had tears streaming down my face and my heart sank. What a terrible thing. My heart goes out to you for your kindness to these lovely creatures and to that young Ball Python who has endured such tragedy already. I have no doubt you will do what is best for it.
Please keep us updated.

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
I plan to give her a chance and see if she responds. I feel she is in good weight and overall looks healthy despite her injuries. If in a week or two she doesnt seem to be responding or I feel she is going down hill I will then euthanize her.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Anja, if she does make it and you decide to put her up for adoption, would you let me know?

Never asked, other than a bad attitude what kind of shape was the other snake in?

Iluvemturts

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Central WI
Ohh how sad, I hope she pulls through. Poor girl.

When she heals ..will she ever get scales back?

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
No the scales wont grow back unfortunately. She will be quite disfigured looking if she makes it through.

Hey Tracy! See ya in a few hours! WOOT WOOT I get me new Leopard boy today!

Iluvemturts

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Central WI
Drive safe....are you bringing a box?..Ill dig up some heat packs if you dont have any.

I'm excited that your getting him but I'm gonna miss him ...he's so cute:p

Can you hang out for dinner or do you need to fly back?

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
I can bring a Rubbermaid tub with some hay in it. Should be fine since I can keep him up front with me. Im shedding Dan and Legend so this is solo! ;)

Yes I can hang out for dinner. Where are we going since I know you dont cook? hehe

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Ooooo what fun you two will have! Talk about ME the whole time! :p

And now that you've SAID Legend... I just have to say it again, I am a name freak and OMG I LOVE that name!!!!!!!!

And YAY for your Leopard!

And... back to your regularly scheduled programming!

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
You guys all crack me up! How long have you known each other? Did you meet on a forum?

Iluvemturts

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Central WI
Kelly, we talked about you the whole time....lol:p
If you and your crew ever want to come over and check out my zoo feel free. I home most days
Just remember I dont cook lol

We met here and on the wireptile.com forum.

AJ hope you got home safe and didnt hit any deer or amish buggies:cool:
I also love the name Legend...

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
We all three just met up in person 2 weeks ago! lol You would think we had been friends forever, guess our personalities just mesh together well. ;)

Thanks for the compliments on Legend's name. :) Sometimes he hates it, but then again so did I as a kid with my name. He will feel differently when he is grown. lol

Nope didnt run into anymore Amish buggies, that tripped me out. I had not seen one in so long and at first thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. There were two big Does standing in the middle of the road close to my house though. Luckily I saw them way ahead of time and slowed down.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Tracy if we came to your house, you'd probably have a leopard go missing when we left! :p and dude, I don't cook either! that is the worst form of torture for me! LOL!

Yah Anja, I think he'll LOVE his name when he grows up!!! I've always aspired to give my kids interesting and unique names, but haven't had a chance to name most of my kids (I have girls with middle nams Eowyn (from LOTR) and Shayde)... I had free reign on my youngest and ended up naming him after family so that was pretty boring! LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.