Status
Not open for further replies.

Iluvemturts

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Central WI
LOL I'll have to put them under lock and key....lol
You dont cook either lol I hate to cook but seriously I'm A.D.D and the house could burn down if I cooked. Ive actually burned green beans and boiled eggs...I just forgot I was cooking until I smelled smoke.:p

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
SOunds like me! My mom brought over some pototoes the other day, and said "these are a really quick supper to make" - quick meaning "easy" i guess, because my response to "just throw them in the oven at 350 for 90 minutes" was "That's NOT quick! I'm not even THINKING of supper that much time before!!!" ROFL

So she's like, "can you do it, do you need me to just do it?" Okay okay I'm 32 years old, I THINK I can bake potatoes. So she called 90 minutes before suppertime... "Did you put in the potatoes yet? did you even turn on the oven?!?" I got a call every five minutes until I finally did it... yes it took me like another 25 minutes to get around to it! LOL! Pathetic, huh?!?

the kids were really excited about them, tho! ROFL! doesn't that show how much effort goes into our suppers? we eat TOGETHER every night, but never anything that requires more than 10 minutes of prep time!

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
hehe I cook pretty much every night. No tv dinners, frozen pizza or lasagna here. Dan hates that stuff. I also pretty much have something sweet baked every 2-3 days depending on how long each ones lasts with him. He has a huge sweet tooth. The only thing I hate about cooking is clean up and now I have Legend take care of that part as one of his chores. Makes it so much nicer for me, especially after I have spent an hour or more putting dinner together for them.

Iluvemturts

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Central WI
I would sooooo rather clean up than cook. I'm the only sweet tooth in our house....sure the kids would have a little but then I end up eating it all which would end up around my middle. :p

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
Iluvemturts said:
LOL I'll have to put them under lock and key....lol
You dont cook either lol I hate to cook but seriously I'm A.D.D and the house could burn down if I cooked. Ive actually burned green beans and boiled eggs...I just forgot I was cooking until I smelled smoke.:p
At least you had food in the pan. I must have ADD too. The other day I smelled a horrible smell coming from the kitchen. An empty pan I had put on the stove...oh yeah, i was still hungry because I never made the eggs:rolleyes:
Somehow i manage to get work done, feed the kids and the pets, balabce the checkbook and sew...as long as I am doing everything simultaneously;)

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
She looks OK so far, we will see. She needs a good shed and to start healing up well. I think Im going to try to see if she will eat for me this week.

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
are you putting anything on the burn? or is it best to leave it alone?

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Im putting neosporin on it, I am trying to get a hold of some Silvadene cream for her.

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
Do you have a prescription or do you need to get ahold of it without one?

Every site I saw states you have to fax an Rx

clark

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
cape canaveral/cocoa beach florida
my heart goes out to u.it pains me to see things like that i hope everything works out for u and the snake.Aslo i hope u are able to get her back to 100%or as close to as possible.goodluck

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Im checking with a Zoo friend that thinks they might have some. I dont have a good Vet up here yet, if all else fails I could get any of my Vets back home to send me some.

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
wish i could help...
our son had a horrible rope burn over the summer on his ankle and we used it on that ONCE...he screamed bloody murder and had a freakish allergic reaction to it so I tossed it out...

Iluvemturts

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Central WI
Good to hear she's still hanging in there...let us know if she eats.

If she does eat does that mean she has a good chance of making it?

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Well it just means she is stronger than she looks. We will see. :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I have faith that she will eat.;)

I am interested in how her next shed will go. Also how she will grow around those horrible scars.

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
I had to put her to sleep last night, when I went to clean her up and put new nolvasan ointment on I felt several vertebrae exposed in several sections down her spine. :( They just dont do well when there are more than a couple of verts exposed. Too many places for infection to get into the spinal cord.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Anja, I am very sorry to hear that. I commend you for the effort and kindness you gave to her.

Dee

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
I am sorry to hear.
She was so very lucky to have such a caring person looking out for her and helping her.
You can be proud of your effort and for having the ability to know when forcing her to endure more would have been asking too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.