My experience w/zoomed fogger

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
So we've all heard the stories about the fogger unit fan going out. Here is my email chain to costumer service and the remedy offered from zoomed.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2014 10:24 PM
To: Zoomed-at-zoomed-dot-com
Subject: Customer Service Request

Greetings,
I am a strong advocate of zoomed for the products offered and the pricing of the products. I breed tortoises. Not a professional, a hobbyist. I encourage the use of the zoomed fogger for maintaining the proper humidity levels required for my charges. Currently I have 3 foggers in operation. Here is the issue I have. It seems the fan unit is going out in these units. I have a 2 month old unit sitting unused due to it no longer puts the fog out. It is dead. I have another unit making a bad noise that my wife is threatening to toss in the yard! This unit is also 2 months old. I had on hand a replacement for the one that stopped working, but not for this other unit. In the past when I had this problem, zoomed kindly and properly sent me a replacement fan with very good instructions for replacing it and it worked/s flawlessly. My question is can this happen again for the two units, (the one not working and the one on its way out) for me. I understand these fans are not free, but then the foggers are far from free either. Also how much would 3 spare fans be? Thank you for your time, and please understand I will convey the outcome here and my continued relationship with zoomed with the 22,000 member reptile association I am a member of.
Cowboy Ken

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. You must not present this message to another party without gaining permission from the sender. If you have received this email in error please notify us immediately.

Hello Ken,
Thank you for contacting us. I am sorry to hear that the fans in your Reptifoggers have stopped working. We have changed our policy on the replacement fans for the fogger recently. For the first year that you own the fogger we will ship you the fan for free, after that you can purchase them here http://zoomed.com/ecom/BrowseStore.php?category=25 on our website. When you purchase the fan it has a three month warranty on it so if it stops working during that time we will replace it again for free. Do you still have your receipts from the purchase of your foggers?

Kind Regards,

Jennifer Shamblin
Customer Service

Zoo Med Laboratories, Inc.
3650 Sacramento Drive
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
888-496-6633 - Toll Free
805-542-9988 - Direct
805-542-9295 - Fax
www.zoomed.com

Greetings Jennifer,
Thank you for your prompt reply in regard to this issue.
These foggers were gifts to me from my wife and so no I've no receipt from them. And what further muddies things, I tend to have backup equipment for all my tortoise enclosures. The unit I just installed was one of those backups and yet I purchased it 8/23/2014. So technically this unit has already lost 10 weeks of its coverage, sitting unused, and unopened and new in its box.
I sent my wife a text message asking if she still had the receipt and she replied, “LOL" I believe her response means no.
Thank you again for your time,
Cowboy Ken

Hello Ken,
I can go ahead and send you a couple of fans for free now. If you need any more though you can just purchase them from our website. I just need your mailing address so I can get those out to you.

Kind Regards,

Jennifer Shamblin
Customer Service

Zoo Med Laboratories, Inc.
3650 Sacramento Drive
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
888-496-6633 - Toll Free
805-542-9988 - Direct
805-542-9295 - Fax
www.zoomed.com

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Not bad, unless you purchase a replacement fan. You would be better off, waiting until you need the unit replaced and get the one year warranty
It amazes me though, that with the year warranty, they know their fans aren't that great, so why not figure out a better fan that will last longer.
I gave up on them when the two I tried quite working in less then six months.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Looks like it will not be easy yo get free replacement from them anymore. Why the fan are so poorly made? Fan are such important part of the unit??

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
Keep your receipt, they cover replacement for upto a year, then the replacement fan for 90 days. Seemed good to me. I've burned out other units from the regular use.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Well Ken, I must be one lucky s.o.b. because I've had my zoomed fogger for almost two years with no problems.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
My mom is a vrey nice lady . But she drives me nutts .

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
It just shows they like me . You just have to know me . Not much will upset me .