My FED-EX story. Let me vent!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
How about an update?
I've been getting many (Many) things from mostly AMAZON.
Sometimes several times a week.
Usually Amazon stuff is delivered by an Amazon truck. Sometimes UPS. No real problems with any delivery out of....let's say....50 transactions.
The USPS is slow. Sporadic. Sure. But that's another story.
This is a FED EX rant page after all.
Ok.
I ordered some welding supplies from HARBOR FREIGHT via the internet. They only ship with FED ED.
The order was processed and I got a confirmation. Delivered Tuesday "By end of day".
Late on Tuesday night, I checked again. FED EX now said delivery would be "By end of day" on Wednesday.
Wednesday....Same thing.
And here it is on Thursday. It's 7:08 pm. Pitch dark outside and you and I already know what I'm going to find when I track my package!
Maybe they mean that it will arrive eventually. By the END OF DAYS.
Truly, they are just the worst.
And with such consistency.
I'll repost again when I get Tuesdays package. There's still at least a 50% chance it will be delivered at the wrong address.
Fingers crossed.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
OMG DHL rocks. Got a rear strut tower crossmember from Fasmoto in Kuala Lampur. Order 10/24 and had to double authorize my card ? and it was delivered on 11/2 and the driver called me cause they wanted to check cause of my Danger trained Tortoise sign on the gate ?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
OMG DHL rocks. Got a rear strut tower crossmember from Fasmoto in Kuala Lampur. Order 10/24 and had to double authorize my card ? and it was delivered on 11/2 and the driver called me cause they wanted to check cause of my Danger trained Tortoise sign on the gate ?
At this point, a blind man in a cart pulled by a mule would be an improvement.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
It arrived today.
The box was torn open and I thought that 3 items were missing.
But they weren't on the packing slip. So u suppose they are in another shipment.
Also FED EX
Even though the box was open, the items arrived intact.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
On Nov 3rd I ordered my monthly bird seed from Amazon, gonna arrive Nov 7th. On Nov 4th shipped, Nov 6th a notice that it had arrived in a town about 15 miles from me. Also Nov 6th a notice that my order is undeliverable and has been sent back to the shipper. WHAT??? I would have walked to Albany and got my seed. As it is, Amazon has my seed and my money.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
On Nov 3rd I ordered my monthly bird seed from Amazon, gonna arrive Nov 7th. On Nov 4th shipped, Nov 6th a notice that it had arrived in a town about 15 miles from me. Also Nov 6th a notice that my order is undeliverable and has been sent back to the shipper. WHAT??? I would have walked to Albany and got my seed. As it is, Amazon has my seed and my money.
Amazon has very difficult customer service
Try connecting the seller.
I just resolved getting the wrong part that way

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Amazon has very difficult customer service
Try connecting the seller.
I just resolved getting the wrong part that way
Amazon is just clicks and types for customers services no human ever from Amazon expect a delivery driver once

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I do have to say that you can find a phone number to call Amazon on their website. Not that I disagree with any of this because I've had so many problems with deliveries from everything out there. I had to actually call amazon once and managed to get through to a human. Maybe it was just luck that I found it but I did.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Ha. I do most of my buying on line. Not groceries or local stuff. So on Feb 5 2021 I made orders with 3 different companies. I don't have 1 package yet. All deliveries are f'ed up in one way or another...as an example here is my new shower curtain, From New Berlin WI to Clinton IA to Sacto Calif, next oh boy Central Point Oregon, 210 miles south of me on I-5. I-5 stretches from Canada to Mexico. So in 3 days it has made it to Southern Oregon, it sat in Central Point, from Feb 8th to Feb 15th. drove straight up 5 PASSED MY TOWN to hiway 84 to Troutdale Oregon. That f'ing truck passed my house within 30 miles, and it now is 70 miles away from my house and still no delivery date. Please let me go pick it up in Troutdale...That makes sense. I HATE FEDEX

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
I had my problems with FedEx , but this complaint is with the USPS. I purchased 2 Dewalt Sanders on Jan 30 from a web site out of China. Been tracking the package the whole time, want to bed last night and it was at a Rhode Island Distribution center and it would be delivered to me on Friday. Got up this morning an received a email sayng it was in the mailbox. Only problem is, it was a mailbox in Rhode Island. I live in Maryland, Hope they'll enjoy them Sanders.

ZenHerper

New Jersey
Fed ex sucks here! I leave a huge note for them to leave my packages on my back porch and i come home to my package thrown on my front stairs

*studies cards*

I'll see your front stairs.

And raise you my front porch - in a giant puddle of water.

The time I confronted him he said, "Oh, I know."

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ha. I do most of my buying on line. Not groceries or local stuff. So on Feb 5 2021 I made orders with 3 different companies. I don't have 1 package yet. All deliveries are f'ed up in one way or another...as an example here is my new shower curtain, From New Berlin WI to Clinton IA to Sacto Calif, next oh boy Central Point Oregon, 210 miles south of me on I-5. I-5 stretches from Canada to Mexico. So in 3 days it has made it to Southern Oregon, it sat in Central Point, from Feb 8th to Feb 15th. drove straight up 5 PASSED MY TOWN to hiway 84 to Troutdale Oregon. That f'ing truck passed my house within 30 miles, and it now is 70 miles away from my house and still no delivery date. Please let me go pick it up in Troutdale...That makes sense. I HATE FEDEX
At least they're consistantly horrible.
I mean I honestly can't even begin to wonder how they can be so horrible and stay in business.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
At least they're consistantly horrible.
I mean I honestly can't even begin to wonder how they can be so horrible and stay in business.
Back in the day when I drove truck, FedEx was the job to have. But, then, to drive for them you had to load the trucks for a time, years, get seniority or some crap, THEN you have a great job. Not me, I was a driver not a lumper, and a damn good one

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Back in the day when I drove truck, FedEx was the job to have. But, then, to drive for them you had to load the trucks for a time, years, get seniority or some crap, THEN you have a great job. Not me, I was a driver not a lumper, and a damn good one
It seems to be every aspect of the company that sucks. But I'm sure the truck drivers are just delivering their loads where they're told to.
I don't think they carry too much of the blame

steven nix

5 Year Member
GA
Why do breeders only ship thru FedEx? All of them that I can find do. Fedex is always late, often times they can’t find my address even tho no other carrier has issues. One fedex deliverer almost fumbled a tortoise and acted like he didn’t know the package said live animal. If they don’t find my house I have to drive stupid far, there’s a fedex warehouse 20 minutes from me. But not where I have to go. K I’m don’t ranting. They suck. Now I’m done.

But I am curious why breeders won’t use other carriers, does any one know?