My female redfoot laid eggs on the ground but did not buried them

theo_piron

Location (City and/or State)
Recife, Pernambuco, Brazil
Hello friends, my female redfoot laid eggs on the ground without burying them, and was doing some "automatic" digging movements near them but not really digging, then she left to take a bath at the "pool", she lives with a male redfoot and they are not fighting.
She never did this before, always buried them properly (she laid eggs approximately 5 times but they never hatched). I have her for 6 years but she already had beetween 2 and 4 years old when i got her. I've never seen or heard about this kind of behaviour, im worried because i really don't know what may have caused this, she has been eating normally. Does someone know if this is a real problem or just some incident?
(Sorry for the bad english im from Brazil)20200530_172611.jpg
I saw this around 17:00 o'clock, it was already dark.

Attachments

• 1590872163804.png
    1590872163804.png
    312 bytes · Views: 0

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Because they're all in one spot, and not just dribbled about as she walked around, I'm guessing these are viable eggs. My YF tortoises sometimes make a nest, but most often just lay all the eggs on top of the ground in a corner of the yard. Treat the eggs as you normally would. They are probably ok. Also, you should provide a lot of leaf litter for them to dig around in, to help cover the eggs.