MY FEMALE RUSSIAN TORTOISES HAVE BEEN BUSY

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alta Loma, CA
7 of my 9 female Russian tortoises have been very busy this year. They have laid a total of 53 eggs (1 egg was broken, 1 damaged, and 2 were not fertile); so I have a total of 49 fertile eggs as of now. I am hoping that they all will hatch. I had to order a third incubator for the last clutch of 5 eggs. :)

egg3.jpg egg5.jpg

GingerLove

5 Year Member
7 of my 9 female Russian tortoises have been very busy this year. They have laid a total of 53 eggs (1 egg was broken, 1 damaged, and 2 were not fertile); so I have a total of 49 fertile eggs as of now. I am hoping that they all will hatch. I had to order a third incubator for the last clutch of 5 eggs. :)

View attachment 206871 View attachment 206872
That is so exciting! I hear you breed the best Russians around.:)

Russian&CherryHead

Great! Any hatch out? I've got 3 females but my male seems to have not noticed. Haha. Looks like you have a very active male.

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Alta Loma, CA
Great! Any hatch out? I've got 3 females but my male seems to have not noticed. Haha. Looks like you have a very active male.

40 have hatched so far and there are still some in the incubator. How old is your male and the 3 females?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Carol is going to single handedly end the need for importing wild russian tortoises! :D