My first radiated....!!

johnreuk

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Hampshire, England, UK
Hi all,

Just wanted to share my new radiated baby with you all!! Been on my wish list for ages, and now I finally have the little guy (or likely, gal!). She came home with me on Sunday, and has been doing great since.... What surprises me is how bold she is! My Indian star was the same size/age when I got him, and he was super shy.

She has actually gone into the new viv that I had made for my Indian star, so he's just gonna have to wait a bit longer!!

Hope you like!

John

image.jpg image.jpg

johnreuk

5 Year Member
Hampshire, England, UK
Thanks everyone!! :)

Just fed/sprayed her, she came marching out of her cave and had a drink from the water that had pooled in one of the crevices in the cave..... Then spotted the food and literally ran over!! Can't believe I've only had her less than a week. Could watch her for hours!! :tort:

On another note.....what temperatures/humidity does everyone else keep their radiated at??

Love this forum!
John

mitchellr

5 Year Member
Mine kept at 33-32 during midday. Sometimes it reach up to 35 in the outdoor but they'll find shades during these hours. At night it drops to lowest 24 celcius.

johnreuk

5 Year Member
Hampshire, England, UK
Where did you get the cave from?

It's an Exo-terra tortoise cave, I'm in the UK and got it online. It's fibreglass, and sunk down into the substrate so I use it as a humid hide. That's where the little one sleeps, and it's 27c and 80-90% humidity in there.

TortsNTurtles

10 Year Member!
North East
It's an Exo-terra tortoise cave, I'm in the UK and got it online. It's fibreglass, and sunk down into the substrate so I use it as a humid hide. That's where the little one sleeps, and it's 27c and 80-90% humidity in there.

Wow, I just purchased this to be a humid hide. It is huge I can't wait to get it.

deadheadvet

10 Year Member!
Cary, NC
Would not use Cypress mulch on youngsters. If they eat it, they can become obstructed. I use either Coco coir or just plain good quality soil without any fertilizer. When they get much bigger, no issues with mulch.

johnreuk

5 Year Member
Hampshire, England, UK
Would not use Cypress mulch on youngsters. If they eat it, they can become obstructed. I use either Coco coir or just plain good quality soil without any fertilizer. When they get much bigger, no issues with mulch.

Thanks for the info. I understand the concern, but I haven't had any issues at all. Im just about to change it, but i'll be using orchid bark instead. I have used coir/soil on my indian star before, but I really don't like it, and they seem to be doing well on the bark based substrates.