My first tort is here meet marley :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmitch

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Reno nv
This is my baby marley he or she is about 5 inch i made a very temperary tortoise table out of a bookshelf im also using 100w self ballasted mercury vapor uvb uva lamp, and a 100w red heat light i will turn on at night. I have lots of other stuff i got a turtle cuttle bone, eye drops, masuri food, calcuium spray for food, a veggie supplement, and i plan on feeding him mainly greens like kale, romaine, mustard, collard greens. By next month i want to have a custom built 6x4 foot table and get him a little friend maybe cherryhead :) tell me if this looks alright any constructive critisism is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• marley.jpg
    marley.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 102
  • temp tort house.jpg
    temp tort house.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 88

Nixxy

5 Year Member
New Hampshire
Looks adorable, and you definitely seem to have the right ideas for him. :)

Welcome, also. :D

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
cmitch said:
This is my baby marley he or she is about 5 inch i made a very temperary tortoise table out of a bookshelf im also using 100w self ballasted mercury vapor uvb uva lamp, and a 100w red heat light i will turn on at night. I have lots of other stuff i got a turtle cuttle bone, eye drops, masuri food, calcuium spray for food, a veggie supplement, and i plan on feeding him mainly greens like kale, romaine, mustard, collard greens. By next month i want to have a custom built 6x4 foot table and get him a little friend maybe cherryhead :) tell me if this looks alright any constructive critisism is greatly appreciated.

Maybe you should change the water dish to a shallow terecata dish/plantern pot (I think it's called) (you can find one at Walmart) Like this:

Nixxy

5 Year Member
New Hampshire
That's a good idea, I should probably pick one of those up, too. =]

wheezysmomma

5 Year Member
British Columbia
you will totally not regret the terracotta planter bottoms try to get glazed its easier to get the poop off :)

Mgridgaway

5 Year Member
Maryland
Plus 1 on the glazed. The regular is great, but the glazed makes cleanup much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.