My first Tort Table :)

Dan Tennick

Hey all!

Only 6 days left until i pick up my new Tort from local breeder! So excited!! Cant wait!

Yesterday, i finally finished his Table i have been working on for a while. I thought id show you all my work :)

I thought id set it up early so it gives the table and its contents the chance to settle down before Tyler arrives :)

Hope you all like it!

Danimage (7).jpeg image (7).jpeg

Attachments

• image (8).jpeg
    image (8).jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 69
  • image (9).jpeg
    image (9).jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 58
  • image (10).jpeg
    image (10).jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 60

tortdad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NW Houston TX
What is the humidity level inside the box and what age/type of tort?

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
I'd not recommend those disk thermometers (they're just inaccurate)

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Sand is not good, can cause imapactions... health issues! I would hang that wire up too. The big gray thing, is it a UTH? Exposed it could cause burns, but you could cover up with soil!
Also, great job on the plants, but I've found that they are more likely to get squashed by the tortoise as apposed to in the open :D Your bulb isa Mercury Vapor ZOO med right? I remmeber that... great size though :D Good luck with future tortoise!!!

Dan Tennick

Love that sign, btw!

Thanks very much! :) the wire is only the Thermometer cable. Just trying to get the Temps right :) yeah, I will be changing it to just usual Top Soil as soon as I can. :) The grey thing is just a Piece of slate. I was told that using a bit of slate would be good to keep his/ her beak and nails trimmed?

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
Thanks very much! :) the wire is only the Thermometer cable. Just trying to get the Temps right :) yeah, I will be changing it to just usual Top Soil as soon as I can. :) The grey thing is just a Piece of slate. I was told that using a bit of slate would be good to keep his/ her beak and nails trimmed?

It's is when used as a food dish :D

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
:D great then! :confused:Sorry, looked like one of those UTHs!
The slate really does do wonders for long nails and beak trimmings! 50% humidity is really g0od for a russain. I have problems keeping it there, so make sure to mist!

Dan Tennick

:D great then! :confused:Sorry, looked like one of those UTHs!
The slate really does do wonders for long nails and beak trimmings! 50% humidity is really g0od for a russain. I have problems keeping it there, so make sure to mist!

Haha :) its OK! :) Yeah, i've heard the slate does wonders :) how often do you recommend i mist the Substrate? Once daily? Or weekly? :)