My girl has pinworms, got a question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bud

5 Year Member
My vet just let me know that my Russian Tortoise has pinworms. I am picking up some medication from them tomorrow. My question is about her habitat. Obviously I should clean her home, but should I clean it right before I give her the medication or after a few days, so the medication goes into effect first? Trying to eliminate the chance of re-infection.

bud

5 Year Member
Good news. I contacted the pet store. They will take her and treat her with their vet, which happens to be my same vet, then I will get her back when she has a clean bill of health. I don't have to worry about a separate enclosure, and don't have to spend any more money at the vet. I was honestly surprised, first with the outcome and that they use my vet.

Plus, since she was in an enclosure with 3 other RT's they are gonna have them checked and treated if necessary. I may have saved other folks from having to deal with this!

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southwest Washington
That worked out well!

Will they keep the tort through the second treatment, which is usually in about 2-3 weeks? If you will have him in between, then you can keep him on newspaper which you can change every 1-2 days. Once the tort is cleared, you can add new substrate back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.