My greek tortoise is very small?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Babies need an ambient temperature no lower than 26C day and night.

The temperature directly under the basking lamp needs to be 35-37C

Jerry's Mom

MA

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Welcome and thank you for coming here for help with your little one, Jessikas.
I notice that you said the date of birth is 2017...but what month? If it's December 31, 2017 and not January 1, 2017, it's a whole year between those dates in 2017! I guess nobody really knows. Good luck, you certainly care a lot and he is lucky that you have him now.

Jessikas

Finland
Welcome and thank you for coming here for help with your little one, Jessikas.
I notice that you said the date of birth is 2017...but what month? If it's December 31, 2017 and not January 1, 2017, it's a whole year between those dates in 2017! I guess nobody really knows. Good luck, you certainly care a lot and he is lucky that you have him now.
Thank you! Unfortunately nobody knows the month he is born, but the petshop told me they guess in the end of 2017 because both of the siblings was small when they came there in August (even if mine was smaller then the other)...

Some days ago I put an heater close to my tortoise home so the night temperature where he is sleeping and spending most of the time will stay in 25 + degrees. This far he seems more active actually! :tort::<3:

And the last days has he been eating good of my "saladmix". I make every morning an salad of small pieces of: Diffrent salads from the shop or diffrent grasses and greens from the garden + dried greens from the garden + some pieces of vegetables or fruits (fruits not often). I put the vegetables or fruits because he is eating much better then... Does this sound like a good diet for him? On the top of the food I put a little bit nutrobal (vitamin, mineral, calcium).

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Thank you! Unfortunately nobody knows the month he is born, but the petshop told me they guess in the end of 2017 because both of the siblings was small when they came there in August (even if mine was smaller then the other)...

Some days ago I put an heater close to my tortoise home so the night temperature where he is sleeping and spending most of the time will stay in 25 + degrees. This far he seems more active actually! :tort::<3:

And the last days has he been eating good of my "saladmix". I make every morning an salad of small pieces of: Diffrent salads from the shop or diffrent grasses and greens from the garden + dried greens from the garden + some pieces of vegetables or fruits (fruits not often). I put the vegetables or fruits because he is eating much better then... Does this sound like a good diet for him? On the top of the food I put a little bit nutrobal (vitamin, mineral, calcium).

Your tort's diet should be weedy and leafy greens. He can't digest sugars properly, so sweet foods like fruit, bell pepper, carrot and tomato should be fed very sparingly and very occasionally.. they don't have to be fed at all.

Calcium and vitamin supplements can be overdone. A very tiny pinch sprinkled on food very sparsely 2-3 days a week is plenty.

jUMPSu1t

Los Angeles
My advice is to go back to the pet shop and look to see if the certificates and things really match your tort. Lots of torts look the same, but they have differences. For example, my female Russian has a fissure of new shell in the middle of her carapace, and my male has a shell that is slightly humped on the back. Also, do you guys use Autocorrect?

Jessikas

Finland
My advice is to go back to the pet shop and look to see if the certificates and things really match your tort. Lots of torts look the same, but they have differences. For example, my female Russian has a fissure of new shell in the middle of her carapace, and my male has a shell that is slightly humped on the back. Also, do you guys use Autocorrect?
He looks exactly like the one is in the papers. But he seems to be fine so I guess he is ok but small. No, I don't use autocorrect because I'm not often using my english and that's why my english is not perfect :D

daniellenc

Maryland
He looks exactly like the one is in the papers. But he seems to be fine so I guess he is ok but small. No, I don't use autocorrect because I'm not often using my english and that's why my english is not perfect :D
Your English is great! He is very small and I wonder if they mixed up his papers too. Post pics of his setup, keep up with the daily soaks, keep him warm, and always leave food chopped up and mixed together. Babies don’t eat huge amounts and do sleep a lot so be patient. He’s more active in your travel carrier because he’s scared in there. Stick to feeding in his cage.