My greek tortoise sound wheezing when breathing and not eating!!

Jimbe

Hello all, i am from Malaysia. My only Greek tortoise (1 years old) seem like she having a difficult to breath, when she breathing it make a sound like wheeze/whistling and don't eat almost 4 days until now!!! I'm really scared what happen to her, it might respiratory infection? Or some allergic with her new substrate?? ( top soil mixing with coconut coir) . Temperature on basking lamp (90-100c') , cool area (80-85c') and humid hide (70-75c'). No bubbles coming out of her nose, and she don't active like usual . Before go to work i will spray on her shell everyday to kept her dehydrate.
I don't know anything about this illness, anyone got any idea what is happen to my Greek tortoise :(

(i not good in english, sorry :oops:)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Being in Malaysia, you probably don't have access to a good tortoise vet. It does sound like the tortoise has a respiratory infection, and needs antibiotics. In the meantime, place the tortoise into a smaller, hospital tank and warm the whole tank up to about 85F degrees. Rather than spraying the tortoise, place it into a little bowl of warm water for about 15 minutes each day.

Don't feel bad about your English. We can understand you just fine, and I give you a lot of credit for even trying.

Jimbe

Thank u so much for kind words @Yvonne G . I will try my best to get a proper treatment for my tortoise. Will keep update this. :)