My husband said I think WE should get a Aldabra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Illinois
We were at the pet store yesterday and just out of the blue my husband said I think we should get a Aldabra. I just about passed out, LOL. He had never shown much interest in torts till we rescued Lana. He really fell for her. He always liked Tank but did not really have an interest until Lana came into the picture. He was very supportive in paying for Tanks surgery and has helped me with him since he came home. I think he has gotten bit by the bug, at least I hope :) I have always dreamed of getting an Aldabra since I first saw one at a zoo as a kid. We are thinking of buying some property and building a house in the next couple years so maybe the dream will come true and we can get an Aldabra. After 23 years I did not think this man could surprise me, boy was I wrong.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hey, I just happen to know of a good source... haha

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
Missy said:
We were at the pet store yesterday and just out of the blue my husband said I think we should get a Aldabra. I just about passed out, LOL. He had never shown much interest in torts till we rescued Lana. He really fell for her. He always liked Tank but did not really have an interest until Lana came into the picture. He was very supportive in paying for Tanks surgery and has helped me with him since he came home. I think he has gotten bit by the bug, at least I hope :) I have always dreamed of getting an Aldabra since I first saw one at a zoo as a kid. We are thinking of buying some property and building a house in the next couple years so maybe the dream will come true and we can get an Aldabra. After 23 years I did not think this man could surprise me, boy was I wrong.

Did you check his breath? Were his eyes dialated? Was he working his lips/mouth? I guess if all these physical signs check out, maybe he was sincere... Lucky you and congratulations! But buy the land first. Wouldn't want to have one of those big guys set up in the house.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
That's so great!!! Isn't it a wonderful feeling when the people in our lives start to understand our more "unusual" hobby? I almost jumped for joy right there at the pet store when my dad decided he HAS to have a Woma Python.. He's always been supportive of my snakes and other reptiles, and loves the crap out of my beardies, but I NEVER expected him to turn around and say he wanted a snake, of his own accord, without me even having to talk him into it. Love it!!!

I'm SO thrilled for you! Now good luck getting him to follow through when the time comes... ;)

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
LOL, I won't let him forget what he said. We are going to look at 7.75 acres today :) :) I am so excited. 5 of it is pasture and the rest woods. It has a huge hill and you can see the river from the hill. Crossing my fingers that we might get it and build in the next few years. Tom, I no where you are going and believe me I he will be my first choice :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I certainly hope you like the land and it's price fits with your abilities. We will be waiting for updates on today's looksee.

I feel very lucky that this time around, I got a husband who understands my needs of having the critters around...and helps me with them (mainly the building part). My ex husband was not that way at all. Makes life very hard. My kids have never really understood, especially vocal about it was my daughter Ashli. Finally in the last year or two, she has finally come to understand it. Heck, she even volunteered my keeping my hatchlings at her new house (as long as they had "pretty" tanks and they were "pretty" hatchlings...lol.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
They are addictive, LOL.

28ml7yv.jpg

2iscbbr.jpg

Shelly

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Southern California
They are also huge, a lot of work, and if cared for properly, live forever. Be VERY sure you want to take on that type of responsibility before you get one.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Shelly said:
They are also huge, a lot of work, and if cared for properly, live forever. Be VERY sure you want to take on that type of responsibility before you get one.
They do get BIG!

2ih9iz7.jpg

Shelly

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Southern California
ALDABRAMAN said:
Shelly said:
They do get BIG!

2ih9iz7.jpg

Their heads appear almost comically small, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.