My image avatar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Window.jpg

I see alot of imaginative name avatars, I stuck with the one syllable version of my non-avatar life.

I made this window several years ago, sorta to big for most common windows in homes and apartments. Over two feet wide by three feet all.

The turtle outline is from a wood block I bought when I was 14 or so, just before driving entered my life. The overall theme is based loosely on Tiffany.

There was Tiffany exhibit at the de Young museum in Golden Gate park, where I then wondered over to the Cal Academy of sciences, and this popped into my minds' eye after looking at some marine turtles. I did not make it until a few years later when I was taking what I considered a goof off class while in college.

It is not well lighted in this image. My sister had an apartment once with excellent lighting, but I can't find any of those images. Those top corners inside the frame are purple.

Will

Window.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I agree with Kelly, really beautiful. I always wanted to do stained glass. Never did get into it, but I now have a good friend that does it and well, I do have a few of her pieces.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Several times I was going to PM you about your avatar. Now I don't have to. :)

Love it. Very artistic.

mikeh

5 Year Member
Simply beautiful. Work of a creative mind.

sent from mobile device using TFO app

redfoot_mama94

5 Year Member
Maine, USA
I for one love it :) major thumbs up i wish i could pull this kind of stuff off! Glass just intimidates me :b

Sent from my LG-L38C using TortForum mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.