My Indian star :)

Kori5

Is there a good regular one, like a vet ER? I read a story online where a doctor found his tortoise in the pool, gave CPR and later took him to the vet. They gave him antibiotics, don't know why. I hope Yvonne can help you take his head out.

spud's_mum

Location (City and/or State)
United Kingdom
Is there a good regular one, like a vet ER? I read a story online where a doctor found his tortoise in the pool, gave CPR and later took him to the vet. They gave him antibiotics, don't know why. I hope Yvonne can help you take his head out.
I don't think his head was under water. I didn't really stand around and check. He didn't respond this morning when I was prodding him but when I put him down he moved around and I can't get a reaction out of him now. I don't want to pull him around as I know they hide when they're stressed too. :( just as he started to settle this happens :( I really hope that he pulls through :( :(

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Me, too.
Try to get a vet appointment but only with a recognized hep vet.
Just try or get some advice on the health thread here as @Kori5 wisely suggested.
I don't think many people read this forum too often.
I would soak him in shallow, warm water, but I know next to nothing about this species.:(

Kori5

Me, too.
Try to get a vet appointment but only with a recognized hep vet.
Just try or get some advice on the health thread here as @Kori5 wisely suggested.
I don't think many people read this forum too often.
I would soak him in shallow, warm water, but I know next to nothing about this species.:(
Yes, I think she should open a new thread. As you said, only a few of us follow this thread. And our Americans are probably asleep. Can you call some herp vet or mail them?

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
So I woke up and found him upside down in his water bowl! I'm terrified as I don't k ow how long he's been there! I turned him over and he is hiding inside his shell. :(
Oh Sweetie, I so sorry you got so scared. Our Shellie used to climb all the little hills and on top of the hides and would fall off and flip. One time it was into the water dish. Lucky for her I saw it. After that I made sure that all inclines were secured with some barrier to prevent that from happening. I had also moved the water dish away from her favorite climbing hill (top of her hide)