My Indian star :)

Rue

Location (City and/or State)
Canada
Good idea. Get some of whatever lettuce the pet store was feeding too...and some kale...

I imagine once he starts eating, and gets comfortable, he'll be just fine.

I hope YOU like salad! LOL. We are eating a lot more salad these days too...so I don't waste what I buy. Having weeds has helped though, I've been able to cut back quite a bit, but that will change again in the winter.

Many years ago, we stopped eating Iceberg when the kids had Guinea Pigs. Our diet improved when I started buying a variety of lettuces. We very rarely have Iceberg anymore, although my men like it on their burgers. Goose doesn't get to eat it though...I don't eat it either anymore. I've actually developed a taste for water cress since February...who knew?

spud's_mum

United Kingdom
I'm starting to wonder if there's something wrong with his sight.
His eyes look fine but when he eats, he always misses his food.it takes him ages to actually be able to get a piece.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
I'm starting to wonder if there's something wrong with his sight.
His eyes look fine but when he eats, he always misses his food.it takes him ages to actually be able to get a piece.
Oh sorry to hear that, and hope there is nothing wrong with your cute tort. What about a visit to the vet? I guess it would stop your worrying so much. (Don't mean to hurt/upset you, but such a visit would calm you down).

Kori5

@Pearly has a great thread about trouble eaters so look it up. She makes these jummy mixes and although hers are a different specie, you could mix the things he likes with the things he likes less. If he has trouble eating, chop it up for him.

spud's_mum

United Kingdom
Rue might be right: your cute tort is probably beginning to adapt. Please keep us updated and good luck!:D
Thank you!
I still won't rest until he has eaten a full meal a couple of days in a row... I will keep it updated :D

Spud enjoyed a couple of hours outside today and demolished some kale :D

spud's_mum

United Kingdom
Good idea. Get some of whatever lettuce the pet store was feeding too...and some kale...

I imagine once he starts eating, and gets comfortable, he'll be just fine.

I hope YOU like salad! LOL. We are eating a lot more salad these days too...so I don't waste what I buy. Having weeds has helped though, I've been able to cut back quite a bit, but that will change again in the winter.

Many years ago, we stopped eating Iceberg when the kids had Guinea Pigs. Our diet improved when I started buying a variety of lettuces. We very rarely have Iceberg anymore, although my men like it on their burgers. Goose doesn't get to eat it though...I don't eat it either anymore. I've actually developed a taste for water cress since February...who knew?
I don't like salad... I'll just have to buy more torts to eat the salad so that it doesn't go to waste :p