My Intro 🐢❤️

myrussiantorts

Location (City and/or State)
California
Hi my name is Jasmine and I am an aspiring scientist, mostly studying Mycology and Botany. I haven't always been into reptiles, but once I met my first tortoise, I fell in love.

Here in photograph two is my beloved Charlie, a Russian tortoise I rescued from a friend. He was in a plastic tub, with a minimal diet - I just knew he deserved more. He likes to be the only child, he's very territorial about his food, and he is quite clumsy. He loves to bask in the sun and his light, and he LOVES lettuce. (To the point where on days I change up the diet for their health, he will not eat. Takes a few days but he eventually gives in.) He tugs on my heart strings every day, and he totally recognizes me. He is 13, and has been raised in captivity his whole life. He's rather familiar with humans, and he won't bite you (maybe).

And in photo three, is my baby Tortellini. I was just shopping for some cuttlebone when I saw a tortoise basically getting beaten to death. (Slowly but surely). He has trauma to the nose and shell, but it's been months since he left that place and he's doing great. Still traumatized and unable to trust, he sometimes eats food out of my hand, and likes to bask with his legs out....

I am very glad that this app exists because I need somewhere to document my tortoise stuff, and all of you here sound so informative and friendly. Thanks for giving me a space to learn and enjoy my little tanks. ❤️

Attachments

• 9068943D-11DE-47FF-A5E9-F59EEB8CC7F0.jpeg
    9068943D-11DE-47FF-A5E9-F59EEB8CC7F0.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 5
  • 9835061B-DA36-434D-849D-0E5338E2B6A7.jpeg
    9835061B-DA36-434D-849D-0E5338E2B6A7.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
  • 5BDE23B7-40A5-4FBC-8F55-A51246A14F33.jpeg
    5BDE23B7-40A5-4FBC-8F55-A51246A14F33.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Careful with those "pumpkin pics"....when Kerry sent me hers nearly 11 years ago, I was all-into that cute thing!~

Good luck and enjoy.....pretty cool stuff happens when you're doing stuff!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Hello and welcome. That is a huge pumpkin.
Your torts are wonderful. Charlie needs his beak trimmed. Don't attempt doing it yourself. Take to a vet that has the experience.

myrussiantorts

California
Hello and welcome. That is a huge pumpkin.
Your torts are wonderful. Charlie needs his beak trimmed. Don't attempt doing it yourself. Take to a vet that has the experience.
Hi! Thanks for the advice. He has been taken to the vet 2 times since he has been with me. Due to budget issues, I cannot put him under. (And I'm also kinda afraid) So, I am doing a series of 5 appointments to get it down to the right size. He is scheduled the 21st for his 3rd session 😊 My vet said I can attempt to do it on my own however I am no licensed professional so appointments are the way I go.

And thanks for the welcome. I'm so happy to be here.