My intro

DoubleD1996!

Location (City and/or State)
Memphis
Hey my name is ari and I have a 6 month old Testudo tortoise named Lionel//Leo. I am a new mom and want to make sure I can give him the comfort and good health he needs to live a long health life.
Welcome. There's tons of info about testudo here. Feel free to take a look.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hey my name is ari and I have a 6 month old Testudo tortoise named Lionel//Leo. I am a new mom and want to make sure I can give him the comfort and good health he needs to live a long health life.
Hello and welcome.

There are many species and subspecies of Testudo. Post pics and we can ID your new tortoise for you.

I'd like to warn you that pet stores, YouTube, FB, and other online source of tortoise care info are all parroting the same old wrong info. Here is the correct info for you. Read through it at least a couple of times, and then feel free to ask lots of questions:

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Welcome Ari, pictures of your new family member would be great!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Ari, and welcome!

Please be aware, if you bought your tortoise from a pet store he's a lot older than 6 months. Here in the States there's a federal regulation that pet stores can't sell tortoises under 4" front to back. In order for a tortoise to grow to 4" he's got to live for about three or four years, and maybe older depending upon the species. Since yours was named Testudo, I'm betting it's a Russian, and in order for a Russian to reach 4" he's maybe four or five years old. Pet stores generally sell wild caught animals. Most Russians sold in pet stores are around the 10 years of age mark.