My Introduction!!!

Killerrookie

Even tho I have been here at TFO for almost a year. I have never gave myself a proper introduction to you guys. My name is Austin Jordan Tyler, I live in Houston, Texas. I always have been a huge fan of turtles/tortoises, what really got me into them was my grandfather!!! He catch box turtles and we take them to turtle races when I was a little kid and it was a blast. My first turtle was a Ornate Box Turtle, it was a female and her name was Sally, She sadly past away last summer and I haven't forgotten about her!! I currently own 3 Sulcata, about to get 2 more haha. 1 Leopard tortoise and 1 Red Foot. I also own 3 dogs a Pitbull, Dashound or I call it a Wiener dog lol, and idk a poodle which we inherited when my great grandmother passed away this August this year when I got my Red foot. I have to be honest I didn't really take care of my red foot very well in my opinion because my depression and sadness, I have ADHD and Depression and when my Great Grandmother passed something died in me so I just shut everyone in my life out, but now I'm healing and doing way better!! That's a little about me and if you have any question just ask!!! Here are some pics of my babies ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1428685085.227734.jpg This is Rookie
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1428685162.597927.jpg Lily my Dash Hound
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1428685225.848430.jpg Monnie
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1428685281.608873.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1428685332.913999.jpg This is Speckles my Leopard Tortoise
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1428685450.190422.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1428685493.592666.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1428685525.243389.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1428685609.586997.jpg Some picture of one of my Sulcata Tortoise
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1428685654.538679.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1428685767.682271.jpg this is Strawberry.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Austin, and a belated welcome to the Forum!

I know you've already met Nick (russian/sulcata/tortoise). He's 16 also and has dyslexia. You two make a good pair. We're hoping that reading and participating on the Forum help Nick with his reading problems, and maybe paying attention to the Forum will help you with your ADHD too. Glad to have you here with us.

Alaskamike

South Florida
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like quite a crew you got going there.

Just a suggestion - I would get rid of that waterfosj your using and replace with a clay/ ceramic thing to go under plants. They are low sided & only a few $

That pet store thing you have is a tip over hazard for a young tort.

Good fortune to you
Mike

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here. My oldest son also struggles with ADHD.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi! (formally since I kinda am getting to know you in chat) :) I love that picture of Lily!

Killerrookie

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here. My oldest son also struggles with ADHD.
Yea it's a struggle for sure and tbh TFO keeps me focus and less depressed and just having animals around me helps a lot.

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
Yea it's a struggle for sure and tbh TFO keeps me focus and less depressed and just having animals around me helps a lot.
Cord, my son loves animals too. Maybe that's why. He got me started in tortoises. I got him a leopard for Christmas 2008, Mort. Cord is 23 and living in an apartment so I kept Mort and got a bunch more. He knows he will inherit them someday.
Did you read the leopard care guide in the leopard section? They need high humidity and very warm to grow smooth shells. I didn't know this when Mort was little and he has a lot of pyramiding.
Here is a recent pic.

Attachments

• 0405151004a.jpg
    0405151004a.jpg
    1,021.4 KB · Views: 18

Killerrookie

Cord, my son loves animals too. Maybe that's why. He got me started in tortoises. I got him a leopard for Christmas 2008, Mort. Cord is 23 and living in an apartment so I kept Mort and got a bunch more. He knows he will inherit them someday.
Did you read the leopard care guide in the leopard section? They need high humidity and very warm to grow smooth shells. I didn't know this when Mort was little and he has a lot of pyramiding.
Here is a recent pic.
Yes ma'am I have read all the care sheets for all my tortoises before purchasing

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello again, Austin, you are very welcome here on the forum in general and in the chat zone where we have already become acquainted.
Speak to you soon, I hope.
Love all your pictures.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Welcome Austin, as you already know I love your name!!! Nice to have you in chat! Since I didn't get to name my son Austin it may just be my next tortoises name:)

Killerrookie

Welcome Austin, as you already know I love your name!!! Nice to have you in chat! Since I didn't get to name my son Austin it may just be my next tortoises name:)
Yessss!!!!! Totally name your next tortoise Austin!!!

Tumi

Wow, Lily's very beautiful. I love dogs, too. Your friend's so cute :<3:

Falcon70

10 Year Member!
North Carolina
A formal welcome :)! Not only do have great looking tortoises, but you have some wonderful dogs too!

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Welcome. Your dog looks a little like a younger version of mine. But mine is a lab Springer mix. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1429069070.221499.jpgYou have a lot of great animals there.