my kleinmanns

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
RE: egyptians

My little happy kleinmann's crew

They do look happy! All that food. They are such interesting tortoises. One of the few that I would say are extraverts, very outgoing.

I find interesting and unique behavior with all tortoises, but Egyptians got some extra something going on with them. Almost an industriousness.

Nice photo.

[email protected]

10 Year Member!

Will I think the same. Thanks. They are not at all boaring. They "recognize" me already. As soon as I come close to the cage they come running.
I have so much food in there, so that everybody can feed. I have different strong eaters so when the last "girl" comes in there is still a lot of food. there is anyway a different idea out how much and how frquently. I think they are babies and need good nutrition.
Annette

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA

How beautiful they are!!!!!!

[email protected]

10 Year Member!
It is a while. My little Kleinmann's are doing very well. Eating and growing. They are now about 2.5 inches (more or less) and are very active and eating like little "pigs".
Annette

Attachments

• 20140202_133037.jpg
    20140202_133037.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 93

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Annette:

They're just so pretty! I'm glad they're doing well for you. Do you have any idea how many males, females?

[email protected]

10 Year Member!
Yvonne, this is always the excitement when they grow up. Based on the report from Sabine Branser from Germany, the one with the double scoot is a female. I saw more body characteristics of females, but I need to wait until July, August when they are 1 year old.I hope i have one or two males.
Annette

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
They are growing nicely! Do you find oyster shells the best substrate for them?

Hybrid

5 Year Member
Hi and welcome to the forum!

Such a lovely little group of Egyptian you have there!

Can you share their diet with us? All greens or with Mazuri too? If I am not mistaken, sugary content is a no-no when it come to Egyptian tortoise diet as their body unable to metabolize sugar.