My latest male Platysternon

maroonus

5 Year Member
Introducing "Popeye". Was hoping he'd be a female, but it was difficult to tell by the sellers pictures. He's huge with a 7 inch carapace length and a bit over weight and carapace wear.
Still happy with him, very unique.

Attachments

• pop1.jpg
    pop1.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 94
  • pop2.jpg
    pop2.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 91
  • pop3.jpg
    pop3.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 96

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Great find. I'm sure you will get him into great shape. Love to see pics of big headed turtles.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
I love the look on his face [WINKING FACE]

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
Gaaaaahhh!!! I really need to stop opening Platysternon threads. I miss mine so much. You know, back in the mid to late eighties when they were THIRTY TO FORTY BUCKS!!

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Would you believe that a couple of nights after I first saw the photo of your Platysternon, I DREAMED that one was crossing the road by my house!! :D Too bad it was only a dream!!!!

maroonus

5 Year Member
Anthony P said:
Wow! That is one big old fat turtle. I wish you luck with him. Very interesting eyes on him.

Congrats..

Ya Anthony,

I was worried about his red eyes when he arrived..Now they are normal..He actually pooped out some red peanut husks! Freaked me out..I've never seen such a thing...No wonder he is so fat!
He may have been kept in dirty water too..Who knows?

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
maroonus said:
Anthony P said:
Wow! That is one big old fat turtle. I wish you luck with him. Very interesting eyes on him.

Congrats..

Ya Anthony,

I was worried about his red eyes when he arrived..Now they are normal..He actually pooped out some red peanut husks! Freaked me out..I've never seen such a thing...No wonder he is so fat!

I hope you got him for a good deal.. He is a big pretty male, but no one likes getting rare turtles that may have been kept poorly prior.

I wish you a lot of luck with him.

maroonus

5 Year Member
Anthony P said:
maroonus said:
Anthony P said:

Congrats..

Ya Anthony,

I hope you got him for a good deal.. He is a big pretty male, but no one likes getting rare turtles that may have been kept poorly prior.

Ya, got him for a great price luckily:)

Linz2491

10 Year Member!
That is the craziest thing I have seen! Where do you get one of those?!

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
maroonus said:
Anthony P said:
maroonus said:
Anthony P said:

Congrats..

Ya Anthony,

Ya, got him for a great price luckily:)
Good for you! I kinda gathered that, but you never know. We sometimes might be willing to "save" an animal, even if the price is too high considering its condition, especially when it's one of our favorite species. Doesn't hurt that they are so rare in the first place.