My leopard tortoises eyes look swollen

RyanW81969

Location (City and/or State)
Menifee
I only keep an eye on my girl for a min in the morn closely to make sure she eats and even after she takes a 20 minute soak she drinks in the enclosure soon after. I feel once or twice isn’t enough. I could also be incorrect...

Okay

Pearly

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Texas, Austin area
Okay I got the eye drops yesterday! And I applied it 3 times and he looks wayy better but when he woulld move around he would go against the glass and I don’t want that to happen so I’m gonna get a mixing tub. Another thing, I have only seen him poop once and ignore the food, what do I do?!

Hi Ryan, unless you’ve already put some “furniture” since your last picture of the tank, you may want to consider putting some plants in there, something to enrich your baby leo’s environment. I raised my babies in 40 gal tank (and LOVED IT!) and never had issues with them walking into the glass, but they had plenty of places to hide under or behind which is what baby torts love to do. Remember that they so often fall prey to bigger animals and their natural instinct is to HIDE from predators. I noticed a hide in your tank, that’s great, I put some plants, live or fake, I like live ones better, though those maybe hard to keep alive in a small very warm place with heat lamps 12 or so inches away. This is what I did with mine. First I got a little backgroundIMG_1704.jpg pet stores have those for fish tanks and terraria. Then I started experimenting with plants and different thingsIMG_1707.jpg tried different plants, live mosses to “carpet” the floor for those teeny tiny feetIMG_1709.jpg had so much fun playing with all that. Tried to create a true terrarium, but due to the heat and inadequate lighting most plants in there just did not last more than few months which was ok since I started transplanting them from my gardenIMG_1676.jpg The worst disappointment for me was to not be able to keep the mosses alive perennially like they were meant to be, but even changing them every few months was not too bad and those babies seemed very comfy in there. Like all of us here, Ryan, you’ll figure out your own ways. I just wanted to share my experience with you with hopes of giving you some ideas to give this little cute leo the best start in her hopefully LONG life:)[emoji217]