My little hermann's tort

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbie69

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
I do not think I have posted any pics of my baby tort. I decided I should take some and put them up while I was giving her a bath tonight. I have had her for a just about 2 months maybe(not 100% sure) so she is in my daughters room in quarantine. Besides she is way too small to put in with my adults. She was a stress purchase, I bought her to make me feel better...and it worked:shy:!
how could this face not make you smile??
ann151.jpg

ann152.jpg

ann154.jpg

Thanks for looking!

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
she's GORGEOUS! I can see why you got her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Yep, I see why she would make you feel better (stress buy) I'm just looking and she make me feel good.:D

barbie69

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ohio
Thank you, thank you, thank you all!!:D
It was a bad day at work and my instructor made me cry. I knew I should have NOT been shopping or even looking but I happened upon this little girl and I e-mailed the person and within hours I met her near my home and she was MINE!!:cool:

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Great pictures of your little Hermanns. :D Not sure though why you have quarters in the water with her. Just so you know 10 to 12% of the change in your pocket has salmonella on it. I wouldn't take the chance of putting it in the water with him/her.

Danny

barbie69

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ohio
egyptiandan said:
Great pictures of your little Hermanns. :D Not sure though why you have quarters in the water with her. Just so you know 10 to 12% of the change in your pocket has salmonella on it. I wouldn't take the chance of putting it in the water with him/her.

Danny
Thank you for the compliment.:)
LOL I washed it with hot water and antibacterial soap first and rinsed it in a screen strainer. I am a germaphobe ever since I took microbiology so I know how bad money is. I only put it in for size reference and to make the picture sparkly. It worked and I kinda think it looks pretty. I took it out after the photo shoot.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Thats fine then :p I'm glad you took that class. :D

Danny

Ozric

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
That is a lovely little one you have there!

barbie69

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ohio
egyptiandan said:
Thats fine then :p I'm glad you took that class. :D

Danny

Me too except it makes you rethink touching just about anything:rolleyes:. haha It was such a gross class!! LOL

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
I have a stress purchase issue as well.
We rescued 4 guinea pigs and became foster parents to a rottie mix that way...my hubby is more understanding than he should be:p

She is a beautiful little flower of a tort!
What is her name?
Your girls are very blessed to have a mom who brings such beautiful creatures into their lives...they will be better more compassionate adults because of it.
(If you are needing name suggestions:
I am offering Prozac as a suggestion (just teasing):D)

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
Okay, it's driving me nuts.
(this is supposed to be a pep talk for the kidhearted...you)
I don't know what your instructor said to you but I hope it was resolved?
it is just too much power to have someone be able to get to you like that.
I have turned into a snot, as I have aged, if someone has a problem with me/critique....I have one of two responses...
1)Listen, let them know I appreciate the input (if I do), and have a discussion.
2)Listen, let them know 'I hear what you are saying' and leave it at that.

We had a MAJOR incident ongoing last year that took every bit of tears and left me with the attitude of dwelling on the past leaves you no room to grow and enjoy the present or plan for the future.

all that said...a cute little tort is also a great bit of therapy on the fly:D

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Very, very sweet. Easy to see why you caved!

barbie69

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ohio
Cam~ Thank you so much for the pep talk!!:D It was my first day doing a pediatric rotation for my RN and I had just gotten back from brain surgery on a 9 month old. The surgery was great and he was doing wonderfully but my instructor snapped at me for something in my charting. I was already a bit emotional and stressed about the little ones surgery and I just lost it.....It ended up being just fine, she was just having a bad day and we got along wonderfully after that. It seems ever quarter the instructors assume we are dumb until we prove them otherwise, and I always do;).
I #2. Listened and acknowledged and then walked away so she could not see me cry. She never knew and once she saw me work with the patients on the floor, she never snapped again. She gave me a perfect final evaluation and told me I will make a great RN very very soon!:D
I only have 2 classes left so hopefully I can refrain from any more stress buys, but I won't make any promises.:rolleyes:
My girls are AMAZING and thank you for all the kind words:). They love it when I bring in new animals. I think at first they were not sure if mom was crazy or what...but now they think I am cool. LOL
I am sure each one of them will have their own zoo when they move out on their own. They all 3 have wonderful hearts and beautiful personalities.:D

M

mazz trevor

I got 2 hermanns for xmas about 1 year old loveley little things, dont know anything about care ,so would love some advise, i live in the UK.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Mazz, start a new thread introducing yourself, what you have and if you can explain your set up. Lots of people can tell you what you need.

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
barbie69 said:
It was my first day doing a pediatric rotation for my RN and I had just gotten back from brain surgery on a 9 month old....It ended up being just fine, she was just having a bad day and we got along wonderfully after that. It seems ever quarter the instructors assume we are dumb until we prove them otherwise, and I always do;).
She gave me a perfect final evaluation and told me I will make a great RN very very soon!:D
I only have 2 classes left so hopefully I can refrain from any more stress buys, but I won't make any promises.:rolleyes:
My girls are AMAZING and thank you for all the kind words:). They love it when I bring in new animals. I think at first they were not sure if mom was crazy or what...but now they think I am cool. LOL
I am sure each one of them will have their own zoo when they move out on their own. They all 3 have wonderful hearts and beautiful personalities.:D

Brain surgery on an infant, a crabby instructor and you only brought home ONE tort?!;)
I wish you luck where you need it, but it sounds like you are one smart lady so you may not need the luck anyway:D

(I think our 3 boys are transferring their thinking from it's just mom to this is pretty cool too...they initially thought that everyone had the reptile pet lineup we do. When they discovered everyone else just had one cat or a dog they were quite surprised:D)

Take care of yourself! And enjoy those girls:D

Flying Jenny

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
There's nothing so cute as a baby tort. Yours is lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.