My new Baby Redfoot Tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mightymcknighty

5 Year Member
Hey guys I'm new to this forum community and I just recently picked up a baby red foot this evening for $450 in Mississauga Ontario. It's really enjoyable and I love him very much! I have some pictures of him and his enclosure if you guys have any feedback/recommendations can you please reply thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 104

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Miami, Florida
What is the red stuff? Orchid bark, wood chips?..
I would use long-fibered spaghum moss for the bedding, and a more enclosed top. You need to have a very high humidity of 80-90%. Try covering 3/4 of the top with plexiglass.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Welcome to the Forum :D What type of substrate are you using? Are you planning on covering most of the top to retain heat and humidity? What type of diet are you offering your new cutie? :D

Mightymcknighty

5 Year Member
Hey all, thanks for the replies! I appreciate your time, I'm currently using the following substrates; spagum moss, coco husk and forest moss for the one side of his tank away from basking lamp. I recently just added in the forest moss today including a medium size water fall and I bought a screen cover today. I'm getting a mister on the weekend to keep the humidity levels up when I can't attend him. I'm very willing to him and just got him yesterday I only offer him the best

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
ascott said:
Are you planning on covering most of the top to retain heat and humidity? What type of diet are you offering your new cutie? :D

like Angela said, covering most of the top will greatly improve your humidity levels. The mist system is good, but putting a top on it will drastically improve heat and humidity retention.

Status
Not open for further replies.