My new Girl arrived!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NJ
Thanks to Anja, my new girl arrived safe and sound! And.....she is huge! I am going to give her a break and leave her alone so she can relax but I will be taking pics next to one of my others to show size difference. I know this has probably been asked before, but what is the approx size for a breeding male? She seems so much larger. Thanks again Anja! I am also taking name suggestions. The first one that came to my mind was "Big Bertha" but I won't do that! LOL

wayne.bob

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
iowa
Congrats on the new girl!

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
CONGRATS! Males breed around 5". Females do best over 6"!

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Thanks Wayne.bob and Kelly! I guess I will be ok with my males then. She just looks like a monster compared to them. These boys are going to have a challenge! Kelly, do you know when yours are coming?

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
I'm picking them up on Monday! Man how I wish I had them here today, since Hurley is hitting up all the girlies! I hope he's still in the mood next week! (Okay I hope for my girls' sake he's not, but for getting those big girls "knocked up"... yah baby!)

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Oh and Hurley is just under 5" (and I think he's full grown) and is being very successful with my 6.5 incher! Size does NOT matter when it comes to male torts, I guess! LOL!

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Cool - I am ok then. Can't wait to see yours. If they are as nice as mine you should be really excited.

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Hurley is an old fella, he wont be growing much. lol

Im glad she arrived safe and sound Dee.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
I thought as much, Anja! He just looks old! Any idea how old OLD is? LOL! At least this really heightens the chance of fertile eggs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's still at it, too. I had to move the two little girls out. The other boys can fend for themselves, and I'm not worried about those big girls, heck I WANT them there! LOL! But he kept going after little Carmine and one bite on her could do some damage!

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
I have no idea, there is no telling really. Danny might have a better guesstimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.