My new guy is a Hermanns, right? (also question about hiding place)

Location (City and/or State)
Gulf Coast of Florida
Here are his pictures (I am switching the clear shoe box out for a non clear tub today).

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1478525554.435329.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1478525565.635302.jpg

Isn't he fabulous? Also, anyone know if he's male or female? I need to think of a proper name.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
View attachment 191611

Is his tail suppose to be sideways like that? It stays that way, never straight out. Has it been damage?
Male tails are longer and turn to the side. It is completely normal.

The penis is inside. It's longer so he can reach round the female and turns to the side to protect it when it's not being used for mating.

Gulf Coast of Florida
Didn't want to start another thread (should I start one per topic?), but had some concerns about Mr. Darcy. He doesn't use his hide at all (big covered boxed side of table with opening) that is much more humid than the outer part. He generally burrows in his coconut coir substrate in the main part of the table when sleeping. I have the humidity lower right now than I would think I should, but I've read conflicting information regarding Hermans. It stays between 50-60% in table and 67-70% in the hide that he doesn't seem to care about. I soak him every morning and mist him a couple times a day. Is this all ok?