My new guy!

Chelsey

The part of the cage where the light isn't shining, is only 74 degrees. How do I warm it up? Under the lights, it's over 90 degrees.

SarahChelonoidis

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Toronto, Canada
You need a heater. Ceramic heat emitters, radiant heat panels, radiators - there are lots of choices depending on your setup.

Chelsey

You need a heater. Ceramic heat emitters, radiant heat panels, radiators - there are lots of choices depending on your setup.

I'm currently using a CHE and a 65W flood light until my MVB comes, and then I'll swap that out with the flood light.

SarahChelonoidis

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
Is the CHE fully inside a closed chamber? That is generally enough to keep temperatures up unless the room temperature is extremely cold. What wattage CHE are you using?

If it's an open enclosure, covering it will help. You may also have the CHE too high up.

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
I'm currently using a CHE and a 65W flood light until my MVB comes, and then I'll swap that out with the flood light.

I took my fixture out of the dome , and lowered the whole thing down inside . Remember to take your temps at "Tort level" near the bottom of your enclosure . :)

Kasia

Poland
65 Watt is probably not enough. How many Watts does your MVB have? And how big is Your enclosure? In my 1x2 meters enclosure I have two lightning fixture: first a heat source 100 Watt and second UVB/heat bulb MVB 125 Watt. If nights get cold I use 75 Watt CHE.