My New Indoor Enclosure

Nsav

Location (City and/or State)
Robbinsville NJ
I just finished setting up my new AP enclosure. It has two CHEs set to a thermostat (80 degrees F), one 60 watt incandescent flood light for basking, two UVB strips and some LED lighting set for about 12 hours.

Humidity is now much easier to maintain at 80% instead of all the spraying I was doing with my enclosed tortoise table. Thanks to Tom for some really helpful build advice here.

This one is 6 x 3 x 2.

Now on to build an outdoor enclosure that is 12 x 10.

Attachments

• IMG_3727.jpeg
    IMG_3727.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 2

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oh wow! That's very elegant-looking and goes right along with your window treatment.

Renee_H

Glendora, Ca
I just finished setting up my new AP enclosure. It has two CHEs set to a thermostat (80 degrees F), one 60 watt incandescent flood light for basking, two UVB strips and some LED lighting set for about 12 hours.

Humidity is now much easier to maintain at 80% instead of all the spraying I was doing with my enclosed tortoise table. Thanks to Tom for some really helpful build advice here.

This one is 6 x 3 x 2.

Now on to build an outdoor enclosure that is 12 x 10.
Gorgeous!!!! 😍

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Very nice indeed.
Just a couple things though. One uvb tube fluorescent is enough, set for 4 hours a day, 11-3 or 12-4.
Also, you might want to put some flatter rocks around the water dish to help keep the substrate out. Packing the substrate down will also help.

Nsav

Robbinsville NJ
Some of you gave me some excellent feedback about the new enclosure, e.g., adding rocks near the water dish, lowering the time for the UVB lights since I have two of them, etc.

Others suggested tips that I found a bit odd, from adding beetles into the enclosure … to giving my leopard tortoise a daily kiss.

I’ve tried my best to accommodate even those perplexing tips. Please see the updated photos.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_3732.jpeg
    IMG_3732.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3734.jpeg
    IMG_3734.jpeg
    195.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Some of you gave me some excellent feedback about the new enclosure, e.g., adding rocks near the water dish, lowering the time for the UVB lights since I have two of them, etc.

Others suggested tips that I found a bit odd, from adding beetles into the enclosure … to giving my leopard tortoise a daily kiss.

I’ve tried my best to accommodate even those perplexing tips. Please see the updated photos.

Thanks!
lol whoever recommended the daily kiss, that’s too adorable😂🐢💚

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

Thanks!
I'm not sure whether that is blasphemy, comedy or something else. I'm not sure if the Beatles or Kiss should be more offended, or more entertained by this... I'm so confused by that poster. I'm not sure how to feel about it...

Your use of the material is most definitely hilarious. I'm just don't know what to do mentally with the material itself. It somehow does not compute.

The enclosure is gorgeous. Enjoy not ever spraying again. You're welcome! :)