My new little red foot

Mystic_Queen (Llaria)

Location (City and/or State)
England,
Picked up my little guy yesterday. Finally after almost a month waiting. He/she is 4 months old. And I have to say I’m in love. I chose this one out of several others due to to this one being the one who kept coming up to me and each time was placed back with the other seven he/she came running back over to me.
Now all I need is a name.

Attachments

• D3146257-09FC-4531-BDDC-CDB7E1335D6D.jpeg
    D3146257-09FC-4531-BDDC-CDB7E1335D6D.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 35

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Welcome and congratulations on your new buddy.

Golden Greek Tortoise 567

Colorado Springs,CO
Your hatchling is so cute! I hate to be the bringer of bad news but the substrate you’re using is not good for your tortoise. If your beautiful redfoot eats it he/she can become impacted from the little bits in the substrate. I would recommend fine grade orchard bark, cypress mulch, or coco coir. (In my opinion the best of these three is the orchard bark but the others work too.)

chapdaab

Dickinson
Picked up my little guy yesterday. Finally after almost a month waiting. He/she is 4 months old. And I have to say I’m in love. I chose this one out of several others due to to this one being the one who kept coming up to me and each time was placed back with the other seven he/she came running back over to me.
Now all I need is a name.
Pumpkin!!! Due to the orange in it and so cute lol

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
So adorable, and very exciting you got to pick Pumpkin! Enjoy and welcome. Please change your substrate, it would be awful if Pumpkin got impacted by eating the white things.

Hutsie B

5 Year Member
NC
What a cutie, congratulations.

Mystic_Queen (Llaria)

England,
I’m changing the substrate in next couple of days to the bark. Pet shop has ordered me some in. But until they have had the delivery there is nothing I can do till then. Will pumpkin be ok for couple days? The young lad who served me was new and I didn’t realise till I got home and sorted it all out the day before I picked my tort up.
pet shop are giving me the bark substrate for free as an apology. So I can’t grumble I guess.
so far things are great. He/she is eating really well. When I put my hand in when pumpkin is on the roam around he/she will walk into my hand. Does a little head bop at me haha.
only time she/he is really in the Enclosure is evening. As I sit outside with pumpkin when it’s warm and sunny so she/he can roam around.