my new red foot male :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

beeek0

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Tucson, Arizona
hi, I just wanted to show everyone my new red foot :)

2011-07-10_13-44-22_311_KPT.jpg
Petsmart said, he is a male, and hopefully he is, but im not 100%
I noticed that he has an extra scute on his carapace as well. BUt he's loving his new enclosure. I hope him and my female get along and eventually mate when she comes in.
Thanks for your time,
Brandon.:tort:

Last edited by a moderator:

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
He is cute :) He may be a bit young to tell the sex for sure, but you can post pictures of his tail/plastron area and we can give it a guess!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Nice looking RF for a petsmart one. I would not trust anything the employees say about it though, they will either be ignorant about it, or lie about it 99 Percent of the time.

FranklinAndTara

5 Year Member
Satellite Beach, Fl
dmmj said:
Nice looking RF for a petsmart one. I would not trust anything the employees say about it though, they will either be ignorant about it, or lie about it 99 Percent of the time.

haha Hes right!
and
Is that a Shih Tzu?

beeek0

5 Year Member
Tucson, Arizona
Yeah, the lady seemed a bit clueless about what she was talking about when I was looking at him, si I just ignored her. Especially when she was talking about what to feed him.. I was surprised at how good he looked for being from Petsmart too. But I will post a picture of his plastron/tail tomorrow morning when he is awake :)
Thanks everyone for the replies,
brandon.

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
Beeko. That looks like one of the Colombian 'farmed' animals that has been imported in the past few years. Some of them are very beautiful and have pretty shells like yours does.
Seeing them reminds me of the late 1960's and early 1970's when virtually all of the imported red foots looked like that.
I hope it does well for you and I look forward to seeing what it looks like when fully adult.

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
The extra scute is nothing Mine has an extra scute and i think its his own little ...cute..trademark...lovely tortoise!

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
What a great addition. He looks good...my PetSmart folks are a little like that, too. I just ignore them and get what I want and am out of there.

Status
Not open for further replies.