My new Redfoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgekathe

5 Year Member
Hi -

Very excited. Bought a new ("used") Red Foot today! He's a very cute male, loves quartered grapes, which I'll feed him every 3 days in moderation. The previous owners only fed him lettuce & too much fruit with no calcium nor multivits, which I have on order, as well as Mazuri which I'll buy initially in small quantities to try.

I got the deal of a lifetime - I was going to buy a Hermanns from Tortoise Supply ex Vegas but at the last minute Kathe, my wife, looked on Craiglists & saw a 6" Red Foot for sale only 8 miles from our home in Grand Junction, CO, complete with vivarium & hood, the Dummies book on Tortoise & Turtles, UVB & heat lamps & reflectors & Zoo Meds bedding for $200, which I negotiated down to $170! The cheapest I found a 5" one from an online supplier was for $200 just for the Tortoise! What a bargain!

I am obviously delighted and he now is happily ensconsed in his habitat, which he is very familiar with, inside his new home, while I varnish the wood on his outdoor pen and wait for continual warmer weather to keep him outside.

Tommorow morning I'm off to the supermarket to get some collard greens. shame I picked all the dandelions from my lawn today but know more will sprout up in a few days.

I'll get Kathe to take some pics tommorow & learn how to download them onto the forum so you can all see him & give me your opinion on his visible physical health - he looks fine to me but am concerned less he's showing pyramiding. He seems well, but I only have my old family 60+ year old Greeks to compare him to from England, which I have not seen in 20 years.

I have researched lot (especially Hermann's, which I was days away from buying via the Internet), so will now in the next few days read everything on Red Foots on the forum, as well as from any other site I find on the Internet.

I am super excited, and very pleased Kathe, who keeps little Finches (Societies - all 9 of them), has taken to him as well.

All for now - pictures to follow! George

jackrat

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Hamburg,AR
Congrats on your new redfoot.I love them!Turtletary.com is a good place to start.He has an excellant caresheet on the site.I have followed it with success.

HarleyK

5 Year Member
Nice acquisition and welcome tO the club.. Post some pictures already :)

Status
Not open for further replies.