My new Russian Rescue

Wartortle

Location (City and/or State)
Southern California (Simi Valley)
This is my new Russian tortoise that I got today. She was housed in sub-par conditions and I'm happy to have her! Her nails are long and are going to be cut tomorrow as well as get her beak trimmed. She is also going to be on the right diet from now on and live outside in the California sunshine instead of a 30 gallon terrarium. Not sure what to name her yet. Suggestions needed!

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 101
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    824 KB · Views: 94
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    882.6 KB · Views: 87
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    966 KB · Views: 83
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 87

TortsNTurtles

10 Year Member!
North East
Congrats! I am glad you have her now. What about Lucky or Sunshine because she will be enjoying the California sun.

Dorrie Siu

Awww poor baby... Congrats on her finding a nice new home with you! How did you find her?

Wartortle

Southern California (Simi Valley)
TortsNTurtles said:
Congrats! I am glad you have her now. What about Lucky or Sunshine because she will be enjoying the California sun.

A little bit of Sunshine!!! Sounds great! :D

Dorrie Siu said:
Awww poor baby... Congrats on her finding a nice new home with you! How did you find her?

I posted a wanted ad on craigslist. I got a lot of replies to the ad with outrageous offers like $150-200. But Sunshine was almost free. Her owner was very understanding and just wanted her to have a better home.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Congrats. She did need a better home. Be sure to give her some humidity. About 30% for an adult Russian. At least a humid hide. She's pretty dry looking and her eyes look dry and a little swollen too me. Did they have a coil bulb on her? I would soak her 3/4 times a week in warm water for a few weeks, until her eyes look better and she doesn't look so dry. Good luck, love the name if your going to keep it.

kezilulu

Awww it's heartbreaking to see what a bad home has done to her but she's lucky to have found you! I can't wait to see the improvement to Sunshine over the next few months!
xXx

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
I'm very glad he is in a good hand now.

God Bless! ! ! ! !

mollydee

How lucky for sunshine to have found a new home & a loving owner !

She looks very nice & I hope she flourishes in her new environment !

laramill

NCentral Wisconsin
Hooray! Best wishes to you both. It sounds like you've both gained a lot with Sunshine's new situation. Congrats to you both.