my new tortoise table for my red foots

Status
Not open for further replies.

beeek0

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Tucson, Arizona
ohhhh i see now hahhaha how funny :D and thank you very much!
I forgot to mention him because I think he is a desert tortoise and not a red foot?
My friend had given him to me because he could not take care of him.
I am making him an outdoor enclosure seperate from the red foots and more natural for him.
If you want to see him up close just let me know and I can provide a picture of him.
thanks,
Brandon

Otter

5 Year Member
Hey Brandon,

Very cool tort table great job. One thing I noticed one of the plants is a dieffenbachia plant and I have always known them to be toxic. Here is a snapshot of the plant in your habit I am talking about.
View attachment 10389

Here is some information about the plant.
View attachment 10390

Just thought I would let you know that if your little guy got hungry might not be good for him if he nibbled on it.

John

beeek0 said:
I just built this yesterday and got everything I needed for my male and female red foots I will be getting in a couple days. They are about 5" and the table is about 5' long x 2 1/2' wide x 1 1/2 tall. I know I'm gonna need a bigger water dish, but this is all I've got for now.
I put regular potting soil at the bottom, set up all my plants where I wanted them, added more soil, then I added a tropical substrate from PetSmart over all of that (they said its what they use for all their red foots)
I left one side soil, so I could grow natural plants for them to eat, like: kale, spinach, some grass seeds, and other plants.

Let me know what you think and If any of my plants I had put down in the table are bad for the tortoises let me know about that as well. I'm fairly new to owning and taking care of red foots, so any information will help. :)
thank you for your time,
Brandon:tort:

Sorry let me try the photo's again

tort_plant.jpg

tox_info.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Rosey

5 Year Member
That substrate is cypress mulch. Its sold at petsmart as forest floor bedding and such. But I'm positive if you checked the bag you'd see its 100 % cypress mulch. I use the same stuff. Holds humidity wonderfully!

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
Nice looking table!

I was curious what one of your plants was - the bromeliad-looking one with white lines through the leaves. I have one and I've been eying it for my own enclosure, but wasn't sure if it was safe. I couldn't check it out, because I don't know what it is! Any ideas?

Thanks

mel262011

5 Year Member
Robertsdale, AL
I love your tort table. I am making mine out of a 4' kiddie pool. I will have the lights setup thursday. I am going to put it on top of a round table I got.

Status
Not open for further replies.