My new tortoise table!

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I like it . I'd get them round thermometers out of there . They suck and never read right . Go to a hardware store and buy a digital one .

Steve_carter

UK
Looks great. What substrate are you using & what temps you getting under bask, warm, cold & night?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
May I ask why?
Like he said, the analogue ones are not particularly accurate and temperatures, especially for basking, need to be known accurately.

A digital hygrometer is best for humidity.

Temperature (warm side, cool side and directly under the basking lamp) is best measured with a temperature gun type thermometer (inexpensive from Amazon or a hardware store)

For your room a digital min/max thermometer will let you know the overnight minimum and daytime max.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Like he said, the analogue ones are not particularly accurate and temperatures, especially for basking, need to be known accurately.

A digital hygrometer is best for humidity.

Temperature (warm side, cool side and directly under the basking lamp) is best measured with a temperature gun type thermometer (inexpensive from Amazon or a hardware store)

For your room a digital min/max thermometer will let you know the overnight minimum and daytime max.
Thanks your explanation.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
A temperature gun would be very useful!

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Sure you can ask . They suck . They're almost always wrong . They just suck . For the price you pay for the two round ones you can buy a digital one . Ten bucks at Wal-Mart .
Made me laugh. They suck alright. The humidity sucks the paper clock face off the inside and messes with the finger causing a false reading. They ain't waterproof. If you tap them the finger moves to a different reading because the humidity actually causes the finger to stick aswell, and that's not even mentioning that that the actual front transparent cover dints sometimes and impedes on the finger giving yet again another false reading.
They suck.
Thats my moan for the day. Lol.

Steve_carter

UK
Is that 80 degrees daytime under the basking lamp or room temp? Might look into the reptile bark. I want to change substrate but undecided & mixed reviews on substrate.

itiswhatitis

Reptibark often molds !!! I found out 75$ worth. Lol !!! It looks good. It's my favorite as far as looks but it will mold and worst part it happens where you can't see it underneath. Then one day, BAM !!! It's all Over the place.

Steve_carter

UK
Reptibark often molds !!! I found out 75$ worth. Lol !!! It looks good. It's my favorite as far as looks but it will mold and worst part it happens where you can't see it underneath. Then one day, BAM !!! It's all Over the place.
Thanks for the heads up on. Can't be having that.

I have not experienced mold with that kind yet but I do change it about every 2 months even though the bag says 6 months. But thanks for the heads up!